PDA

View Full Version : Will be an Academic Core/Hardcore personal/volume licenses????

caesar
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
NT has plans to sell Academic Core/Hardcore personal/volume licenses???

I have to be sincere here: my 1st daughter were born in dec 15th, and my wife is quitting the job, so I cant afford a new upgrade I think this whole year...but I really LOVE to to put my hands on CORE. My only chance this year would be an academic version.
I also think volume academic licenses would be great for LW in schools

caesar
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
I emailed Irene King <[email protected]> asking about the edu licenses and thats the answer:

Hello Cesar and thank you for your interest in LightWave.

There is no educational discount for LightWave HardCORE, however, you may purchase the membership for $395 (until March 31, 2009) if you are a current v9.x owner.

If you are not, you may purchase an educational copy of LightWave v9 and then purchase the membership for $395 (until March 31, 2009).

Thank you and best regards,

Irene

So, If I have an 9.x edu or commercial copy (199 US), I have to pay 395 for hardcore membership what gives me both the software and the 1-year service. No harcore edu discount .

If you dont have any LW copy and want a edu copy of LW core, you have to buy a LW 9.x edu license and hardcore membership: 199+395=594

Since a full license costs 895, I think its a little steepy for edu copy, cause you wont gonna earn something but knowing the software.

I also think NT would just benefit from having the more artists getting in touch with Core, no matter they re commercial or education ones.

...Im not complaining about LW core/hardcore pricing (the price is nice), if it was Q1 08 Im be in right from start...but things changes:cry:.

Well, Ill just have to wait till Q4 for a full upgrade...

tsw303
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
HardCore membership includes the final Core release, right?
Would that be a commercial copy? Sorta like the option to upgrade a student license to commercial?

If that's the case, it might not seem as pricey [for some students, if they could use it to help pay for books].

caesar
02-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Would that be a commercial copy? Sorta like the option to upgrade a student license to commercial?

If that's the case, it might not seem as pricey [for some students, if they could use it to help pay for books].

yeah, I really was thinking about it...this hardcore is confusing me...so if I byu Core IŽll win 1-year of hardcore or is it the opposite?

Silkrooster
02-09-2009, 09:59 PM

yeah, I really was thinking about it...this hardcore is confusing me...so if I byu Core IŽll win 1-year of hardcore or is it the opposite?

Yes Core is a commercial copy. The software is included in the price of the membership.

Newtek generally does not provide other discounts when they are running a special like this one.
I assume down the road they will offer a edu version. But I think it is too early to know for sure. I believe right now they just want to focus on this pre-order sale and try to get as many hard core fans of lightwave to join the hardcore membership as possible.

AbnRanger
02-10-2009, 05:31 AM
If you want to stay on EDU licenses, then you will have to wait until CORE is finally released and shipping in Q4. Until then, instead of having to buy a full commercial license, Netwek is treating your EDU license as though it were a commercial one.
If you have an EDU license of LW 9, your upgrade to commercial is only $200 more than an EDU license, and you don't have to wait til it ships to get your hands on it.

robertn2k
02-10-2009, 06:03 AM
No, if Newtek's goal was to get as many members of the LW community involved in Hardcore they would offer their current edu discount to folks with educational licenses. By not doing so they are saying that our voice is not important in the process of core development which makes no sense since we are out there teaching lightwave to the next generation of potential customers for Newtek. We're not asking for free, we're not asking for a handout just a hand. $400 may not seem like a lot of cash but when you're trying to convince others in your department why you need this $400 when many are buying supplies for their classrooms out of their own pockets.....it a tough if not impossible sell.