PDA

View Full Version : Maya+C4d now getting Hardware accelleration - US?

Ade
08-13-2003, 01:55 AM
nvidia (http://developer.nvidia.com/object/MayaCgPlugin.html)

So whas the story with Lightwave? What cards are available for us, other than the current crop of "gaming" cards?

jevinstudios
08-14-2003, 08:59 AM
According to the quals chart for the nvidia Quadro 4 900 XGL, LW is WAY behind in driver qualifications -- about 2 years behind! Every other major software app is quialified for the latest (or nearly latest) driver version. Am also curious as to why LW has not made the effort to keep up....

Emmanuel
08-21-2003, 09:49 AM
Probably for the same reason we had to wait for undos in Layout so long.
I mean, come on, the improved OpenGL highlights in the recent updates were pretty useless compared to what other apps offer in terms of interactive preview of surfaces...

Dodgy
08-21-2003, 10:34 AM
I dunno, seems like Maya was lagging behind till they announced that... Check out below. Which opengl view is closer to the final render?

The only thing LW handles really badly is transparency, which as a game artist I could do with sorting out pwease :)

Who knows, maybe better opengl functions are one of those unannounced improvements...

Dodgy
08-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Doh! Hit submit instead of browse!

WizCraker
08-25-2003, 04:12 AM
Looks to me like Lightwave shows the preview a bit better than Maya does in Dodgy's example.