PDA

View Full Version : If Newtek can answer Yes to these questions, I will subscribe to CORE now!

RTSchramm
02-05-2009, 08:28 PM
1. Will the cloth, hair, hard and soft body dynamics be equal to or better than the competition? The current Fiber FX implementation in LW 9.6 is too cumbersome to use?

2. Will the liquid effects be as good as Maya 2009 and Blender?

3. Will the animation and rigging mechanics be as easy to use as Maya 2009?

4. Will the UV wrapping and 3D texture painting be as good as Modo 302?

5. Will a post composite module be available as in Blender?

6. Is the 3D render as faster than LW 9.6?

7. Can you paint 3D objects like in Maya 2009?

8. Will there be 3D wigets in the 3d view to use to manipulate objects, vertexes, etc? I didn't see any in the demonstration.

9. Will all character attributes such as a rig or motion data be saved with the objects instead of the scene.

10. Is the current beta which is about to be release a full working version, or a stripped down version of the software?

11. Will the CORE have a Viper Window that supports ALL texture and shading options including dynamics?

12. Will CORE support object animation effects using node operators similar to what LW9.6 can do with texture nodes?

13. Will there be an option to move faces, edges, vetexes locally, and along their normals?

14. Will there be an option to lock a tool, like the drag to, so that I can use the same command on a number of vertexes, edges, or Faces without having to reselect tools as I click on a different element?

15. Will there be an option to use a background object as a snap to object like in Modo 302?

If Newtek answers Yes to all these questions then I will subscribe to CORE immediately.

Rich

hrgiger
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
At least you don't to know too much about a program that hasn't even entered beta yet.

robertoortiz
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Sweet jebus...
You forgot to ask for a new car in that list.

-R

lwanmtr
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Wow...Thats an impressive list... Post composite module? Try After Effects..

LW is a 3D animation system, not a compositing program.

GCastro
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
LW is a 3D animation system, not a compositing program.

XSI, Houdini and Blender have some form of compositing capabilities. Pretty useful for quick comps of multi pass renders. I too have my own list of questions of what LW core will have, but i'll wait a bit to see if they release some videos or images first. I'm still hoping for "realtime" though i didn't see it mentioned yet :)

-George

lwanmtr
02-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I usually either do it all in camera or use AE for post, though I can see a usefulness of a simple compositor...but it's not a deal breaker for me..hehe.

I'm hoping that Core will have my projects done before I start them..hehe.

Really, though..the dynamics are what i wanna see more of.

GCastro
02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
yeah, i wouldn't use these internal compositors for anything other than rough temp comps... Not a deal breaker for me. I'd use AE anyway too. hehe. Totally with you on the dynamics!

-GC

r10k
02-05-2009, 11:09 PM
The current Fiber FX implementation in LW 9.6 is too cumbersome to use?

You must be unsure, because that's not a question.

As for the list... sheesh. In XSI I have cloth, rigid and soft body dynamics, fluids, hair/fur (yada yada) but it's not as if I have Realflow or the latest and greatest version of these dynamics addons available to me because (and get this) I didn't pay $9,000 for them.

I'm sure Core will be great and there will be many improvements, but be realistic for goodness sakes.

monovich
02-05-2009, 11:51 PM
If Newtek answers Yes to all these questions then I will subscribe to CORE immediately.
Rich

Will CORE fix all economic problems better than Obama v.2009?

... I'm pretty sure you you won't be subscribing.

Stunt Pixels
02-05-2009, 11:55 PM
he he.. I like this one,

"Is the current beta which is about to be release a full working version"

ummmm, let me think....

Frank_Geppert
02-06-2009, 12:26 AM
9. Will all character attributes such as a rig or motion data be saved with the objects instead of the scene.

I think this is the only point we could estimate an answer. Since the new format will be Collada (even preferred over lwo) it can easily store rigs, animations and additional data. I am still wondering how Newtek saves all these envelope data, master plugin data and other options, but they said they will extend the common Collada format to their needs.

Concerning the other features: I really would love to see all this in Core. But this will take some time. If you need them today I would suggest to buy Modo and install Blender in addition to LW9.6. Then you will be happy and you can wait easily what Core delivers.

And by the way: If all these features were in Core then Newtek would become the king of 3d apps and the price would certainly raise a lot.

colkai
02-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Hehe, and i want a pony and a plastic rocket.

Hey, that's LW related honest!

gordonrobb
02-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Lots of things to ask, I have to say that asking for specification that is as good as or better than Maya is a bit much. It would seem that the complete, unlimited Maya is around $6,000. Why would a product at $1.5K be as good.

All I want to know is that the features in this new improved version will be better than the version I have now. That will be enough for me to upgrade.

Red_Oddity
02-06-2009, 02:51 AM
I think this is the only point we could estimate an answer. Since the new format will be Collada (even preferred over lwo) it can easily store rigs, animations and additional data. I am still wondering how Newtek saves all these envelope data, master plugin data and other options, but they said they will extend the common Collada format to their needs..

The same way they have always, in the scene file as simple text (keyframe, bezier handle positions and key values)

And the nice thing about Collada is you can easily add custom XML tags that get skipped by programs that are unable to read said tags and thus are still able to read your file.
Read up on it i say : http://www.collada.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

UnCommonGrafx
02-06-2009, 04:57 AM
The Psickic told me the following:
"As you've seen what the foundation (to avoid the pun) shall hold, imagine upon it what you will."

I would say the answers are as you design them. Pun intended.

JMCarrigan
02-06-2009, 06:56 AM
The Psickic told me the following:
"As you've seen what the foundation (to avoid the pun) shall hold, imagine upon it what you will."

I would say the answers are as you design them. Pun intended.

Whoa! That answer contains so much truth I can't even express....

Pavlov
02-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Answering to all the questions: yes, potentially and somewhen in the future. Maybe some are there immediately, while ALL other ones have space and possibility to be made since SDK allows whatever you need now.
In other words: asking about features now has little sense. If Newtek doesnt make one, a third part developer will do it, or at least will be able to.
An example (maybe a wrong one, but just... well, an example): CORE looks so flexible that i would not be surprised if we will be able to use Blender fluids within Core itself, like if Blender was a plugin.
NT did the right thing, putting most energies on architecture; there's no limit, now, at features you will be able to implement. If it's not tomorrow, it will be the day after.

Paolo

mattclary
02-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Has anyone requested the "Make cool animation" button yet? If not, please put me down for that.

Red_Oddity
02-06-2009, 08:37 AM
No i only requested 'BouncingBoobies.p' and 'MakeShinyCarForInstantCGSocietyGalleryFame.p'

bijkanguru
02-06-2009, 08:39 AM
"ik wil een rendierhoedje" springs to mind... but a belgian supernanny joke so guess lost on almost everyone... translating wouldn't help (altough, if it comes with a moose and some chocolate)
I like laughing at jokes noone understands... it makes people scared and far away :P

Hope insanity doesn't take me completely before something is really available.

lwaddict
02-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Best part is that the list is a list of demands...

...for 395 dollars. ;D

Must be a VERY important individual...

My question is this...

Why or why didn't you ask for a million helicopters and a dollar? :bangwall:

Now for my demands...

Newtek, I need a stimulus package please. :hey:

DBMiller
02-06-2009, 08:53 AM
"ik wil een rendierhoedje" springs to mind... but a belgian supernanny joke so guess lost on almost everyone... translating wouldn't help (altough, if it comes with a moose and some chocolate)
I like laughing at jokes noone understands... it makes people scared and far away :P

Hope insanity doesn't take me completely before something is really available.

Nothing is funnier than a Belgian supernanny, a moose, and chocolate! And I don't even understand the joke!:D
P.S. I want a button that will finish all my unfinished projects for me, and better than I would have.:thumbsup:

Tonttu
02-06-2009, 10:57 AM
If I install Core, am I liberated from the cycle of reincarnation?

DBMiller
02-06-2009, 11:29 AM
If I install Core, am I liberated from the cycle of reincarnation?

Only if you pay for the updates. Otherwise you have to come back every time till you do.

dwburman
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I was wondering about that myself since both apps use the same scripting language and one is open source. Of course, I'm not a programmer or software architect so I don't know what is actually possible or not.

An example (maybe a wrong one, but just... well, an example): CORE looks so flexible that i would not be surprised if we will be able to use Blender fluids within Core itself, like if Blender was a plugin.

Paolo

MacGregg
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Don't forget the Telepathic Modeling Tool (TMT)... you think it and Modeler creates it...

Frank_Geppert
02-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I was wondering about that myself since both apps use the same scripting language and one is open source. Of course, I'm not a programmer or software architect so I don't know what is actually possible or not.

I am sure this is not as easy as you think. Even if they use the same Python language they still expose different functions, different data structure and and each core behaves differently.

Tonttu
02-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Don't forget the Telepathic Modeling Tool (TMT)... you think it and Modeler creates it...

Someone just needs to code a plugin for those neural impulse controllers that are popping up (targeted for gamers) and we can skip Space Navigator support altogether.

RTSchramm
02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
I think is it amazing that with all of the posts on CORE so far, I really don't have enough information as to what features will be available when core is launched.

Unlike many LW users, I really don't have a problem with the CORE subscription service because $400 a year is worth it if major changes or bug fixes are introduced in the product each year. And like many users have noted, Netwek has given us so much for free, so its about time they started using the same business model as everyone else. After all, to bring in talented programmers, you need to pay them, right?

My problem is that the Newtek CEO , nor the CORE web site can't explain what features will available at launch time. I really found this hard to believe, unless Netwek is really this disorganized! Maybe the CORE advertisements should state "Join the CORE development project!"

Will the CORE will have at a minimum, the same features at LW 9.6? I have yet found any answers to my question. Yes its a different Interface, but what about features?

I asked a lot of questions in my first post that many have belittled. Every LW user will have a different wish list for CORE features, so I posted mine. LW was my first 3D application, but due to its limitations, I was forced to buy Maya for its CA, and dynamics, Modo for modeling and UV's, and later I used Blender for the fluids and hair, and then pipe all these into LW because LW has a really fast renderer.

Any finally, one poster suggesting that I am asking too much from Newtek for just $395, that incorrect, I believe that core will cost new users $1495 where Maya 2009 complete cost $1995. Modo is slowly moving to in the right direction and may be a complete 3D package like Maya. Blender is completely revamping their interface much like Newtek is, and Blender may be a force to reckon with in the new year or two. So yes, I am expecting a complete CORE package from day ONE that I can help beta test to a production version later this year. I do not plan to spend $395 on a half-baked solution.

Note that I didn't berate anyone in this post, I just expressed what my expectations are. When developing a product one should ALWAYS see what the competition has that works, implement it, and then create better solutions for those features that don't work; the end result will be a product that is better than the competition.

Rich

cresshead
02-13-2009, 10:59 PM
heck of a list...wow...a true 'wish list'

now i've signed up to HC [can't stand the hard core tag....] and what i'm 'hopeful of' with my feet firmly on the ground is something approaching 3dsmax1.0 in that it's have a working stack and single environment...with the renderer from 9.6 in there from day 1...the modeling will be clumsy for the release of the beta [like max 1.0] but will get better as time goes on and they add tools in there...

i'm not expecting hair/fur or fantastic particles from beta 1...just a basic program that can edit a mesh to some degree...basically animate it..light it and texture/surface it and to get a render out...

i'd be EXTREEMLY happy if we get a feature set that matches up with 3dsmax 1 on the release of the beta...to hope for alot more woudl be entering 'wishful thinking' i believe.

Wade
02-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Launch is 9 months away.

Wade
02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
They worked hard on 9.6 and are still working on it because it will have to tide you over for awhile.

We will have something to play with in 6 weeks - yet we get to be apart of shaping Core into the program you are asking for. :)

ncr100
02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
...(NewTek) can't explain what features will available at launch time.

Next time somebody says "freedom of choice" think about this hard purchasing predicament. :) This company pre-announces a product ten months before it is done offering you a choice to buy into it cheap. It's a gamble, frankly. Rationally NewTek can't know exactly how it'll turn out come Q4.

I see many people becoming disoriented with the $395 vs $495 vs $695 vs $1495 combined with "buy NOW!"-impulse issue -- my suggestion is to get a grip on if for you losing $100 in savings is worth it in exchange for the comfort of full-knowledge.

NewTek is asking a mature question by giving its customers this choice. Many here are wanting, and demanding constraints, limitation! Fascism! Hahah jk. When NewTek is offering unlimited potential!!! Hahaha. (http://www.zombo.com) But not too far off; this CORE offer is an opportunity rather than a twisted capitalistic punishment.

Speedmonk42
02-13-2009, 11:45 PM
It's Valentines Day.

If Newtek answers yes to the following question I will get core.

Can Core get me a girlfriend?

Sekhar
02-14-2009, 12:07 AM
It's Valentines Day.

Yeah, but in Q4. :D

Wickster
02-14-2009, 01:02 AM
It's Valentines Day.

Yes, definitely. But her looks depends on how good of a modeler you are. :D

JohnMarchant
02-14-2009, 01:04 AM
It's Valentines Day.

Sorry my friend its more than likely to loose you one. If you want a lady you need to go out and play with them not sit down in front of Core and learn all about it

:lightwave:lightwave:lightwave:lightwave

flashover
02-14-2009, 03:33 AM
I think is it amazing that with all of the posts on CORE so far, I really don't have enough information as to what features will be available when core is launched.

Unlike many LW users, I really don't have a problem with the CORE subscription service because $400 a year is worth it if major changes or bug fixes are introduced in the product each year. And like many users have noted, Netwek has given us so much for free, so its about time they started using the same business model as everyone else. After all, to bring in talented programmers, you need to pay them, right?

My problem is that the Newtek CEO , nor the CORE web site can't explain what features will available at launch time. I really found this hard to believe, unless Netwek is really this disorganized! Maybe the CORE advertisements should state "Join the CORE development project!"

Will the CORE will have at a minimum, the same features at LW 9.6? I have yet found any answers to my question. Yes its a different Interface, but what about features?

I asked a lot of questions in my first post that many have belittled. Every LW user will have a different wish list for CORE features, so I posted mine. LW was my first 3D application, but due to its limitations, I was forced to buy Maya for its CA, and dynamics, Modo for modeling and UV's, and later I used Blender for the fluids and hair, and then pipe all these into LW because LW has a really fast renderer.

Any finally, one poster suggesting that I am asking too much from Newtek for just $395, that incorrect, I believe that core will cost new users $1495 where Maya 2009 complete cost $1995. Modo is slowly moving to in the right direction and may be a complete 3D package like Maya. Blender is completely revamping their interface much like Newtek is, and Blender may be a force to reckon with in the new year or two. So yes, I am expecting a complete CORE package from day ONE that I can help beta test to a production version later this year. I do not plan to spend $395 on a half-baked solution.

Note that I didn't berate anyone in this post, I just expressed what my expectations are. When developing a product one should ALWAYS see what the competition has that works, implement it, and then create better solutions for those features that don't work; the end result will be a product that is better than the competition.

Rich

I agree, for all stuff!!! We wish new features and innovative TOOLS after that I give my money. Ok, core is great, c++ and qt are great, open architecture SDK are great but are the BASE... We wish Core plus new INNOVATIVE tools integrate, not external 1000 plugins or 1000 external API or 1000 python scripts. If it is the way is wrong way. The power is "one" software for to work on all parts of 3d. IMHO

jay3d
02-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Can we have enough from those "give me make-nice-3d-graphics-animation button or else ..."

It's like somebody is saying : I will never ever drive cars because most cars are not Mercedes-Benz 2010 model!!

It's the artist job to get the full potential of the 3D tool at hand, because any company including NewTek will not read everybody's mind of what do and don'ts in a 3D app.

And why not creating 1000 python scripts? if it's useful for somebody's job, so the artist will have a re-usable library of scripts.

BTW: this book for python starters :

Python 2.x : http://www.ibiblio.org/swaroopch/byteofpython/files/120/byteofpython_120.pdf

Python 3.x : http://www.swaroopch.com/files/byteofpython/byte_of_python_v191.pdf

colkai
02-14-2009, 04:04 AM
...and I still want a pony and a plastic rocket. :p

stevecullum
02-14-2009, 04:42 AM
I think the coolest thing about the CORE announcements, is the open SDK. We are blessed with possibly the best Third Party support of any application (and when I say that, I mean there are far more free plugin devs). If Newtek can't add everything in at launch time, I'm sure people like Dpont, Lightwolf, Pictrix, Dstorm etc... will be adding their little gems to the toolkit. I can't wait to see what they can do with this new architecture and for that reason $395 (or 90 pints of Lager) feels very much worth it.

Mike_RB
02-14-2009, 06:42 AM
I want to know exactly what is working now, and what they plan to have working q4, and what main features from lw9.6 will be getting bumped to 2010q4. That's easy, and worth $395 to me. The core tech faq is fantasy land, I get that's the longer term plan. I want to at least know the plan for q4. 9 months is a short time to make production ready software.

Verlon
02-14-2009, 07:25 AM
1. Will the cloth, hair, hard and soft body dynamics be equal to or better than the competition? The current Fiber FX implementation in LW 9.6 is too cumbersome to use?

Difficulty of use is subjective. I am sure the tools make a lot of sense to the designer. Yes for you might be no to someone else. NT cannot answer this without having somone say "Well it is more cumbersome for ME." So this question probably cannot be answered yes.

2. Will the liquid effects be as good as Maya 2009 and Blender?

As good as? As measured how? Is there a unit of "Liquid Effects Goodness?" Forgive me, but that is like asking, "is it prettier?" Newtek cannot and almost certainly WILL not answer a subjective question. If there are specific features you want, you will probably have to ask about them individually. Given the cost of realflow, I imagine that these magical liquid effects you want would probably be the entire LW cost and then some.

3. Will the animation and rigging mechanics be as easy to use as Maya 2009?

Again, subjective. Easy for you is excrutiating for someone else. The only way to make it exactly as easy as Maya is to make it exactly like Maya, which would probably create some legal issues. Now we all know that Autodesk is so very generous, and would NEVER sue over something like this, but that doesn't mean Newtek should slap them in the face. If Newtek changes ANYTHING about the CA-Rigging process from Maya 2009, it will be more difficult for some. Again, legally, they will be unable to answer yes to this question.

4. Will the UV wrapping and 3D texture painting be as good as Modo 302?

Subjective question again. What is the unit of measure for ease of use in UV wrapping? Its just like the other subjective questions. If they do something just like Modo, but labeled differently, someone could claim it was more difficult.

5. Will a post composite module be available as in Blender?

I don't think the pros are looking for this. Right tool for the right job, so to speak. A quick version would be nice, though.

6. Is the 3D render as faster than LW 9.6?

Do you mean "As fast or faster?" That is almost a certainty. I would bet that it will be at least a little faster.

7. Can you paint 3D objects like in Maya 2009?

This would be a nice addition. Newtek has some of the pieces to do it (Aura and plugin), but I do not know if this is the direction they want to go.

8. Will there be 3D wigets in the 3d view to use to manipulate objects, vertexes, etc? I didn't see any in the demonstration.

Some users hate these. Not sure.

Others have addressed this. It seems likely.

10. Is the current beta which is about to be release a full working version, or a stripped down version of the software?

Probably something like the LW9 Beta when it started. Probably with a few more bugs to squash given the extensive nature of the rewrite. On the bright side, more features might turn up along the way also.

11. Will the CORE have a Viper Window that supports ALL texture and shading options including dynamics?

Viper DOES need a facelift.

12. Will CORE support object animation effects using node operators similar to what LW9.6 can do with texture nodes?

They have certainly hinted at this on the new core page

13. Will there be an option to move faces, edges, vetexes locally, and along their normals?

Can't Translate plus do this now?

14. Will there be an option to lock a tool, like the drag to, so that I can use the same command on a number of vertexes, edges, or Faces without having to reselect tools as I click on a different element?

Hopefully. I would think this would be possible with the history for non-destructive modelling.

15. Will there be an option to use a background object as a snap to object like in Modo 302?

This would be nice.

Rich

And I am sure that Newtek would be happy to develop this app immediately if you would kindly pay $100 million for the upgrade. Many of the features you want would have to be tailor made for you to answer yes to thos questions. How can you expect Newtek to do so?

Yes, I want better CA and UV tools. I want something like FPrime + to replace Viper. I want...lots of things. If they improve everything on your list, that would be wonderful. But Asking for an app that is better than all of its competitors in all areas is....well... sorry, but that is just ridiculous.

A complete concentric circle around the rest of the 3D world just isn't possible. Can you name any program that is better than ALL of its competition in ALL areas?

If NT could answer yes to all of those questions AND deliver for $395, who WOULDN'T upgrade?

Mike_RB
02-14-2009, 07:41 AM
You guys are mocking his list. But Newtek needs to tell us what Core does now, and what they plan to have it do by q4. All the fantasy features you guys are dreaming about might not even be in the plan for q4.

Kuzey
02-14-2009, 07:54 AM
You guys are mocking his list. But Newtek needs to tell us what Core does now, and what they plan to have it do by q4. All the fantasy features you guys are dreaming about might not even be in the plan for q4.

I believe they said they will show all their plans before the March31st deadline, I'm hoping they do it sometime this month to give people enough time to consider it and what not.

Kuzey

jay3d
02-14-2009, 08:17 AM
9 months is a short time to make production ready software.

I think with the Qt framework at hand, they can deliver faster than u think, and focus on features and not GUI bugs, once they have a solid foundation for the UI and framework (I believe they did).

something similar happened with the development of Nextlimit's RealFlow and Maxwell render : http://www.qtsoftware.com/qt-in-use/story/customer/next-limit

Next Limit chose Qt because of its ability to deal with multiple platforms using the same source code. After extensive research, Next Limit came to the conclusion that Qt was the best solution based on its quick, easy-to-use and easy-to-create user interfaces and network applications as well as its wide-ranging object-oriented library of widgets for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. This proved to be extremely important to Next Limit because of its large commitment to delivering improved simulation techniques, advanced mathematical models and programming methodologies for all three platforms.

To test Qt, Next Limit designed an easy application that would cover the most sensitive issues of RealFlow, including the ability to handle OpenGL in a fluent way and the ability to use computation threads that work while the user is manipulating the GUI. The test was a resounding success enabling Next Limit developers to port RealFlow to Qt in only two months.

“It was really easy,” said Angel Tena, technical director for Next Limit’s RealFlow product. “The Qt classes were well-designed and easy to use. We often didn’t even have to use the documentation. We just figured out what the name of the function was and a great number of functions would be there.”

The company’s success with Qt and RealFlow was duplicated when it later developed Maxwell Render, a rendering solution capable of simulating light exactly as it behaves in the real world. Like RealFlow, Maxwell Render is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X partly thanks to Qt’s cross-development capabilities.

The Value

Next Limit has realized a number of benefits from the use of Qt. Their solutions were made available to a broader market thanks to the addition of the Linux and Mac OS X platforms, winning them a large number of new customers. Additionally, Qt enabled the company to reduce development time and development costs while creating products that deliver enhanced customer satisfaction.

Customers are not the only ones Next Limit Technologies has impressed. Its Qt-developed RealFlow solution was recently awarded a 2007 Technical Achievement Award from the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences.

“The usability and look and feel of our software have been dramatically improved since we started using Qt. It has greatly benefited our customers.” Angel Tena, technical director for Next Limit’s RealFlow product.

Qt framework is not the one to be underestimated. :)

I'm a long time Qt programmer since v2.0, and i can see the potential,

u can know why when u look at flickering/sluggish GUI of modo.

lwanmtr
02-14-2009, 03:01 PM
I too think that they have the potential to make a fully featured app by Q4, and it will more than just handful of tools and a basic render engine (like some have suggested). Of course, it's conjecture, so we'll see eh?

wacom
02-14-2009, 07:56 PM
My theory is that if you're looking to someone else to continue to "make" every tool that you need in the form of a pay plugin or directly as a supported main feature wrapped up in a nice shell then CORE will at first disappoint you.

If you are more "creative" than that and don't mind getting your hands a little dirty (nodes, scripting, programing, open SDK- using smaller tools to build larger ones) then CORE will most likely be an amazing leap forward on almost every front.

However, if you come back in say two or more years to LW12 or what ever it is at that point you'll probably find an amazing array of scripts, nodes, and other tools made by other users that far surpasses the things we've seen before AND allows you to use/tweak many of those tools, even if you're a light weight on the logic front, to make new things for yourself.

That said- I hope NT supplies people with a good set of basic nodes and scripts to get running with- nice low level stuff that is very optimized.

I'd much prefer to have NT work on things that are beyond the average level programmers and "power users" abilities than try and fill every specialty nook and cranny. Let average users and power users fill that void. I think the days of the monolithic application that does everything a user could want or need out of the box, or with the aid of major plugs, are numbered unless you want to pay increasingly more and more for your application.

Things like render engine enhancements and other core feature of the application are where I'd like them to focus- things that are "BIG" and makes a lot of sense to do in on application and require dedication and are used on a daily basis by most users.

Cohen
02-14-2009, 09:15 PM
@Jay3d

Thank you for the 2 python starter booklets.