PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain the Price please!

jaxtone
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
This is what the text say about HardCore on my register pages:

Your LightWave v9 upgrade and new purchase automatically comes with a one year membership to HardCORE.

I bought and upgraded my version of Lightwave to 9.6. recently! Is there another upgrade of 9.x. than 9.6 I havenīt been told about?

This is confusing since I donīt know if the upgrade I already purchased and installed counts in as an upgrade since itīs not done after the release of HardCore! Do I have to upgrade from 9.6. to something unknown like a Lightwave 9.7. or what?

othornton
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Looks like NT's giving you Core access because of the recent purchase/upgrade. Adobe and NT have both done this for me before. My timing that year was really off and I bought my apps the week before the new versions were announced (not even released, announced) so I got free upgrades.

Weetos
02-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Your LightWave v9 upgrade and new purchase automatically comes with a one year membership to HardCORE.

it does count as an eligible upgrade, lucky you !
:D

jasonwestmas
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Now, would Autodesk have done something like that? Somehow, I doubt it.....

Never ever, they don't need to, though NT has been generous since I can remember.

Chuck
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM

I bought and upgraded my version of Lightwave to 9.6. recently! Is there another upgrade of 9.x. than 9.6 I havenīt been told about?

This is confusing since I donīt know if the upgrade I already purchased and installed counts in as an upgrade since itīs not done after the release of HardCore! Do I have to upgrade from 9.6. to something unknown like a Lightwave 9.7. or what?

My understanding is that from the time of the announcement yesterday forward, people who own 8.5 or earlier and purchase an upgrade to v9 will receive the annual membership.

To state it another way, purchases of LightWave v9 upgrades and new licenses from February 4, 2009 and onwards include the one year membership.

aidenvfx
02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
My understanding is that from the time of the announcement yesterday forward, people who own 8.5 or earlier and purchase an upgrade to v9 will receive the annual membership.

To state it another way, purchases of LightWave v9 upgrades and new licenses from February 4, 2009 and onwards include the one year membership.

But do they get a free shirt? :thumbsup:

hrgiger
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Veehoy, you have to have the most disturbing avatar I've ever seen. And I cant' stop looking at it.

A Mejias
02-05-2009, 08:10 PM

You don't sound to sure about that, Chuck. ;)

jaxtone
02-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Imī not sure if youīre sure? :)

As I understand by your answer I guess youīre not involved in the price politics enough to be specific! Anyway this issue with the update wonīt ruin me, but I really want to know the condition of the undefined Core thing before purchasing!

My spontanous reaction is that it feels a lilībit uncomfortable to have been a faithful purchaser of the earlier versions from 6.0 to 9.x, and suddenly realize that I am manouvered out by anyone who decide to update to v.9 from the 4th of February 2009!

I understand if NT need cash for development of their software! Thatīs why I bought 9.x as soon as I could... To support NT! So thanks a lot NT!

Or maybe NOT!

Myagi
02-07-2009, 09:33 AM

I'm getting more confused by the day :) .. So the /core/ page says a $495 upgrade to 9 gives you the annual membership, but the above comments would indicate if I buy the $395 pdf manual 9 upgrade, I will also receive a membership, meaning HardCORE is completely free with any 9 upgrade?

*looks in the online shop*

oh snap! ok, so now I know why I was confused. The pdf upgrade no longer costs 395, but 495. Guess I should have gotten it wednesday ;) ohwell no biggie

jaxtone
02-07-2009, 05:45 PM
???