PDA

View Full Version : Orphanage goes down!?

akademus
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Another studio closes...wtf

http://prolost.blogspot.com/

After 10 years of good work.

How many we'll see closed this year???

adamredwoods
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah, saw it in the other forum....

BAD, BAD for us here in the SF bay...
They had a nice pad, too, a stones throw from ILM.

ted
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
No doubt many companies will follow.
The worst part is companies like Orphanage that have had major success got caught one single time being out of position for the emerging financial situation.
It proves how companies have everything on the line, every day, with little room for error.
I wish the staff at Orphanage the best along with every company around the country!

dsgil
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
rough times .. companies are really fighting against each other now . it's too bad . quality work should have more value that it currently does in the eyes of producers .

csandy
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
:-( Sad to see The Orphanage go. I hope that all the Orphans find a good home.

akademus
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
:-( Sad to see The Orphanage go. I hope that all the Orphans find a good home.

Sad indeed. I thought economical crisis would bump animation/video/fx industry up as people would need more entertainment to forget everyday problems.

Right now, I'm not so sure. I only wish we sail through these troubled seas as soon as possible. Seeing all those talented people jobless just breaks my heart. This shouldn't be happening.

Orphanage was a great place.

zapper1998
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
wow that is a sad thing....

cresshead
02-06-2009, 06:57 PM
this thing is really starting to bite everywhere.

Titus
02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
In the last Visual Effects Society festival there was a vfxsup gathering session, and at some moment John Knoll said in front of all the attendants that after Pirates of the Caribbean 3 they were reaching a limit. Every project has less budget, requiring less time to do it and more effects than ever. I guess The Orphanage crossed that limit.