PDA

View Full Version : BNR4 and 64bit. URGENT.

Thomas M.
02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm running into some problems here. I need to render with 64bit lwsn.exe via a network. I used BNR4 with 32bit so far, but this doesn't seem to work. Configs aren't accepted. I need to say that BNR4 is installed on a 32bit machine. Does this matter? I link BNR4 to the Lightwave 64bit directory on another 64bit computer. BNR4 looks for LWEXT9.CFG file, while the 64bit file is named differently. Renaming it doesn't help. Anybody any experience how I can get this to work?

Cheers
Thomas

Thomas M.
02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Started BNR4 again and after accessing the plug in directory in LW via the network path everything worked. Till rendering ...

Error - Frame (60) not found! and everything that gets saved is .flx instead of .hdr like chosen. I enabled the 9.3-9.x digit option which seemed to be responsible for the frame not found error. Both it doesn't matter this time. And .flx is of no use to me.

Nobody who knows how this stuff works in 64bit?

Cheers
Thomas

HELP!

Thomas M.
02-06-2009, 02:24 AM
It cost me 4 hours to find the mistake/error. Finally I realized that LWSN didn't load any plug ins, couldn't even read a jpg. As all the plug ins and the cfg files have been in place it came clear that it must be the name of the cfg. There is actually an entry box asking to confirm the LW version. As it already said lw 9.x, I never would have guessed that there is also a LW9.x 64bit.

BNR4 never read the LWext-64.cfg, as it thought to need to look for LWext.cfg. So I renamed it, thinking that NT gave the cfg different names for LW32 and 64bit, BNR4 could read it and copied everything in the correct spot. But LWSN finally wanted the -64.cfg which wasn't there... It found only the LWext.cfg and thought that it isn't the correct one. So I renamed them back to -64.cfg and LWSN was happy again.

This all does work flawlessly if you choose LW9.x 64bit in the setup Wizard, but as you don't see the whole list and LW9.x is already chosen one might just overlook this simple fact...

Hope this might help somebody else...

Cheers
Thomas

dballesg
02-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Hi Thomas,

Sorry I saw this today and I couldn't post any help because you solved the problem first.

Do you know BNR allows you to have Groups, basically you can create a group for example for 9.3.1_32, another for 9.3.1_64, etc...

Groups are an easy way to have several installations of LW with their 32 bits or 64 bits versions and then you can assign to the scene which group to use when you are rendering.

David

JBT27
02-06-2009, 06:10 AM
It cost me 4 hours to find the mistake/error. Finally I realized that LWSN didn't load any plug ins, couldn't even read a jpg. As all the plug ins and the cfg files have been in place it came clear that it must be the name of the cfg. There is actually an entry box asking to confirm the LW version. As it already said lw 9.x, I never would have guessed that there is also a LW9.x 64bit.

BNR4 never read the LWext-64.cfg, as it thought to need to look for LWext.cfg. So I renamed it, thinking that NT gave the cfg different names for LW32 and 64bit, BNR4 could read it and copied everything in the correct spot. But LWSN finally wanted the -64.cfg which wasn't there... It found only the LWext.cfg and thought that it isn't the correct one. So I renamed them back to -64.cfg and LWSN was happy again.

This all does work flawlessly if you choose LW9.x 64bit in the setup Wizard, but as you don't see the whole list and LW9.x is already chosen one might just overlook this simple fact...

Hope this might help somebody else...

Cheers
Thomas

It does - thanks for posting the fix, and glad you got it sorted.

That BNR menu is an odd one, because you expect it to remain as you set it, like all the prefs, but it doesn't.

Julian.