PDA

View Full Version : Change the Interface Colors of Lightwave 8?

3D|Dave
08-12-2003, 10:33 PM
After seeing the "official" Lightwave 8 interface, I see a few problems that users may have. The time line tick marks are dark on a dark background. That's not very user friendly, you’re just going to strain everyone's eyes. It also concerns me about the graph editor and the other panels. Are they going to have dark on dark problems as well? And that blue on black in the TRS boxes is a bad idea as well. I would prefer white!

Anyway this light bulb in my head lit up and gave me your solution to this problem!

Add a built in interface color change panel so users can easily (without editing the cfg file) and accurately change the interface colors. Hey add this to your hype about improving the work flow in Layout and Modeler.

That's my request.

homero
08-19-2003, 08:49 PM
yes i wrote a post about this question, sure the new interface is too dark!!!
mmmm, well, i cannot find my post anymore...it is been deleted?!??!

so, hoping in new more large button and more colors for each functions class....

and hoping in a unified modeler layout API for developments external application integrated with lightwave...

ren_at_home
08-20-2003, 03:37 PM
I have to say that though I prefer darker interaface...

(128,128,128 or less as there is less strain on the/my eyes and CRTs use much less energy when running darker - less radiation - 12 hours a day is a long time)

...I think we should have access to such things as colour schemes including the colour of grid lines and tick marks etc as mentioned by Dave.
While people like myself prefer a darker interface (with the ability to tweak it please) some people do have special needs and those needs shouldn't be ignored.
After all what is a GUI if it is just GRAPHICAL and not INTERFACing with the USER?

cheers,

Ren