PDA

View Full Version : pool for Proton and Jay for all next SHOWOFF's

mav3rick
02-05-2009, 06:22 AM
for me show off was not bad and beside of some dissapointment on visual aspect i have to thank to both JONAS and JAY .
Now on engineers behind scene... They did GREAT work and all kudos to them keep up awsome work... as long LW exclusive user i was impressed with what i saw... reason for poll is potential new users out there that newtek could get on board.
And cause of that we should consider ARTIST to show tool for artists instead engineers that does amazing tool engineering.
And so i vote for proton.
sorry for wrong typo of pool... that dosnt sound wrong when u think again :)

Tonttu
02-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Yeah have them by the pool with drinks and some hot babes?

mav3rick
02-05-2009, 06:32 AM
lol my bad typo :)))

mouse_art
02-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Jonas an Jay are fine.

Kuzey
02-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Jonas an Jay are fine.

True indeed and Proton is making more videos, I'm sure...it's all team work :thumbsup:

hrgiger
02-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Jay and Jonas were fine. I want to hear from the developers themselves. What I would like is to see is downloadable videos that are good quality and something that can stream from the browser somewhat quickly. The QT videos at Luxologys sites are excellent. I think Newtek could take note.

mav3rick
02-05-2009, 07:23 AM
yea this is reson for this poll... to help newtek take in consideration of visual aspect of their presentations... noone ask for BIG BUCK show offs.. just nice simple and tasty presentations

Triodin
02-05-2009, 07:24 AM
I think that both Jay and Jonas did a great job on the presentation. It's nice when you can actually get some talent that can move naturally while reading a teleprompter.

I think Jonas is getting a bad wrap for those two-shots where Jay does all the talking.

If they wanted the variety of the two shot vs. Just Jay talking then Just Jonas Presenting - I'd suggest to have Jonas kinda working away in the background, then bring him front and center when he actually has any lines to read.

Here's hoping for a slew guest stars and some color correction to counter the green-screen skin color sapping so everyone looks pretty :)

Mitja
02-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Just change the environment, Jonas is ok - maybe with another shirt?

mav3rick
02-05-2009, 07:34 AM
agreed maybe from our core collection

cresshead
02-05-2009, 07:46 AM
jonas was fine...the editing and camera framing were the poor aspect of the video NOT the presenters...personally i'd prefer just to stick to u.i screens and voiceovers that way we focus on the PRODUCT not the presenters which is WHAT we're buying into correct?

as for ideal presenters?

proton or splinegod...though i'd lean toward splinegod as he seems to make it all look like fun and effortless with that huge gravely voice of his...seems to be right out of a BSG scene...quite commanding and he always covers ALL the shortcut keys he's using for example.

phillydee
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
^^^

splinegod is great in RL as well. He's a terrific presenter, I've attended an event once up in Burbank and it he made it worth my while. I'm not complaining here--I personally don't mind who ends up in the next presentation [edit] as long as we get to see more of CORE :D [/end of edit]

mav3rick
02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
yea that's why i say artist.
would be nice to see presentation from the one that represent people that will use tool..
any1 remember legendary taron sigg presentation... it was well followed.

SplineGod
02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
They should drop the whole robot voice thing. Keep it simple and to the point. I didnt need to see someone talking about a list of future features when that was done better in the faq. Use the video to actually demonstrate whats so new and/or innovative.
I think there was a bit too much preaching to the choir because the features shown are things that have been old hat in other apps for years already but are new to LW. Maybe this was an attempt to show users of other apps that LW is just like them. I think it would have been better to start by showing off those aspects that they felt were innovative. Its easy to talk about how companies like Autodesk stifle innovation but harder to walk the walk instead.
I also agree that it didnt matter who was presenting since I didnt want to see a presenter really.

phillydee
02-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Use the video to actually demonstrate whats so new and/or innovative.

Hopefully that's coming... you scheduled to present anything? :bowdown:

COBRASoft
02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Matt should do it, together with Proton :)