PDA

View Full Version : To NewTek..Core Upgrade Question..

lwanmtr
02-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Ok, I own 4 licenses (1 Amiga (ye, I know), 1 Mac ADB (5.6, I think), 1 Duo (8.0 I think) and of course, my duo at 9....If I were to upgrade one of my older licenses to 9.x/Core would I pay the $495, or $395 (considering I already own a 9 license)? Just curious.

Dexter2999
02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Previous versions can be upgraded to 9.x for $495 per the CORE FAQ page.
http://www.newtek.com/core/faq.php

lwanmtr
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes, I know, but was asking about my other licenses, since I already own 9

Kryos
02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
I think it would be simple to assume that even though you have a 9 license, if your older versions are licensed separately, they would incur what it would cost to upgrade to 9 being 495. Otherwise you'd have to utilize your setup with a 9 license already to get the 395 to go with hardCORE.

aidanodr
02-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Few things I am not clear about ..

I am an LW9x owner, I now pay the LWCORE price of $395, this gives me access to all betas of core BUT

When its officially released I get the full version of Core also? I can then use this unhindered forever? I ask this as subscription models are being talked about. Is it that for the $395 we get a years use and then need to pay more the next year to re-enable Core? OR by subscription are we paying in future for new yearly upgrade cycles?

Maybe I am thick - but I find the pricing explanation into the future not very clear ...

aidan

Kuzey
02-05-2009, 06:18 AM
When its officially released I get the full version of Core also? I can then use this unhindered forever?

Yes you will...it's not going to stop working when your subscription plan ends. It just means you'll only use that version until you like the features in the next version and want to update your plan.

Edit: I'm not sure what happens if LWcore gets delayed for a few months and your subscription runs out. In that case are you stuck with the beta or get the final version anyway.

It's something I want to find out as well.

Kuzey

Chrizto
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I have a student license for 9.5. (Bought as 9.5)
Am I invited to the party?:stumped:

MandalorianMan
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I have a student license for 9.5. (Bought as 9.5)
Am I invited to the party?:stumped:

I emailed customer service about this as I have an academic version of LW 9. I was told that I can just purchase the hardcore membership as a v. 9 owner and I would get LW Core. However, the rep didn't mention whether the Core version I recieve would be academic or commercial.

-Psion

cagey5
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes you will...it's not going to stop working when your subscription plan ends. It just means you'll only use that version until you like the features in the next version and want to update your plan.

Edit: I'm not sure what happens if LWcore gets delayed for a few months and your subscription runs out. In that case are you stuck with the beta or get the final version anyway.

It's something I want to find out as well.

Kuzey

This was answered by J. Plant already. If it gets delayed after your sub ends you will still receive the final version.

Chrizto
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Hmmm... Interesting.

What that actually means is that if no other info is given, legally you're entitled to the commercial license in Q4 after making the payment.
Probably stupid to write about this on a NT forum, but, thats the law...:devil:

I might just jump right in then.
Actually I don't mind if it will be edu or commercial, as I will need at least a couple of years to sell my stuff to anyone, without a time machine...:goodluck:
And, in contrast to my not so good friend mr. :screwy:Autodesk:screwy:, they don't put a usage collar on the license as long as you don't use it for, well, commercial stuff.

:newtek:

multipass
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
if you purchase the hardcore membership when is the beta made available to you? has it started yet or is it tba?

ezomer
02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Can I upgrade from Europe, with my local relaser ?
I know I can buy on the website, but I need my local relaser, becouse v9 own with my company, I need local bills (local laws).