PDA

View Full Version : Timewarp + Photoreal blur problems?

Rusherific
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I have a fairly complex scene involving a high detail car model, and lots of glass shards etc etc...suffice it to say it's not a cheap animation to render, so it'd be really nice to be able to go the adaptive sampling/Real Lens Camera/Photoreal Blur route instead of a gajillion mb passes.

However it seems like the photoreal blur doesn't like timewarp and is acting as if "Warp Blur" is unchecked whether it actually is or not. But doing a process of elimination and experimenting with different settings seems to yield kind of random results. Classic and dither blur seem to be the only things that work for sure for me. Has anyone else had this problem? Is is this a bug and is there a kludge/workaround to combine these features?

Thanks for the help....

Rusherific
02-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Another thing I noticed, it seems that with any mb type the movement of the camera doesn't contribute to the motion blur when warp blur is on--i.e. if you're panning relatively quickly around something traveling in slow motion (a la the Matrix) there is no rotational blur caused by the camera's movement. It seems like a camera's movement should naturally contribute to mb, whether warp blur is on or off, the viewer is still referencing "camera time" either way.

I guess if that's the case I might as well turn motion blur off entirely and eat it for this gig and hope the animation is passable without it, as the animation's object movement is too slow to really matter--camera blur is what I really need anyways. Too bad that really seems to limit the usefulness of Timewarp, as I mean besides its quirkiness when animating too it is a seriously cool device and makes this shot I'm working on even possible in lightwave...

SplineGod
02-05-2009, 01:42 AM
I was informed that timewarp is an evil hack. It basically doesnt work with any of the more current LW features.