PDA

View Full Version : Way to go NT marketing.

Andyjaggy
02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
This is how you know the marketing department has done their job.

When even my wife says "Man, I can't wait to find out what that new core thing is today!"

grimoirecg
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
It's nothing to do with marketing. The users of other 3d apps are not discussing the 'mystery', only the regulars on this board (who we can assume are already lightwave owners)

geothefaust
02-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Actually it does have to do with marketing. They put on a great viral campaign, and it worked out very well. Kudos to NT. :thumbsup:

hrgiger
02-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Actually it does have to do with marketing. They put on a great viral campaign, and it worked out very well. Kudos to NT. :thumbsup:

Well.... that is until the broadcast failed for an hour and Newtek, Spinquad, and the core page went down.

G-Man
02-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Amazing, Absolutely amazing that after 2 years of development and about two weeks worth of major hype the whole things falls apart because of poor planning. If I wasn't such a long time Lightwave user after today I'd never give Lightwave a second thought. Did anyone look at Softimage and how they handled the ICE rollout? A page with info about the features, demo videos. Unbelievable.

hrgiger
02-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Amazing, Absolutely amazing that after 2 years of development and about two weeks worth of major hype the whole things falls apart because of poor planning. If I wasn't such a long time Lightwave user after today I'd never give Lightwave a second thought. Did anyone look at Softimage and how they handled the ICE rollout? A page with info about the features, demo videos. Unbelievable.

Then what, a couple months later and Autodesk bought them out. Which means ICE is now frozen.

Here's a page on core if you missed it: http://www.newtek.com/core/techfaq.php And I wouldn't say the whole thing fell apart. People were mildly inconvenienced at heightened sense of anticipation. We're still getting what appears to be so far an amazing new application.

Gordonpee
02-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Mildly inconvenienced? Did anyone on the east coast even see the live feed?
I stopped waiting after two hours. Was their target audience professionals or just hobbyists that have time to sit around waiting at home?

KevinL
02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Couldn't get in, don't know what CORE really is (yeah I read the little diddy about the programming base).

And oh yeah, now they want 400.00 or 500.00 a year....

So far, I feel like I got teased by the girl, who, all along setting me up. That is: I feel P****d off.

AbnRanger
02-05-2009, 07:58 AM
It's nothing to do with marketing. The users of other 3d apps are not discussing the 'mystery', only the regulars on this board (who we can assume are already lightwave owners)I've been using 3ds Max almost exclusively through the 9.x series, but that will certainly change with this release.

AbnRanger
02-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Couldn't get in, don't know what CORE really is (yeah I read the little diddy about the programming base).

And oh yeah, now they want 400.00 or 500.00 a year....

So far, I feel like I got teased by the girl, who, all along setting me up. That is: I feel P****d off.they are just letting us in on what they are doing and making it available for us to get our hands on a whole new LW almost a full year before it's full release. It's not any different than when they sold pre-release seats of v9 before it was ever shipped.

There's more info to come, so let's be a bit patient....nobody is forcing you to spend any $$$ before you know what you're buying. I'm probably going to wait til they start making the CORE builds available, myself.

Nevertheless, I REALLY like what I see thus far. :newtek::thumbsup:

biliousfrog
02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=137780

FAIL

...soooo....was George Lucas standing on a box or was that other guy (Jonas?) standing close to the camera?

mikala
02-05-2009, 08:49 AM
It's nothing to do with marketing. The users of other 3d apps are not discussing the 'mystery', only the regulars on this board (who we can assume are already lightwave owners)
Wrong! Go to the Luxology site they have been yapping about it for days.

Titus
02-05-2009, 08:57 AM
After the stream failed, I've received a lot of text messages with panic from some colleages :D.

JML
02-05-2009, 08:59 AM
"Way to go NT marketing."

Are you serious !?! did you see that video ?!
Who thought of that [email protected]! mix of startreck and lost in space ?!
how old do they think is their audience, 12 year old ?

I'll buy core and it looks very promising but that video made it look like a joke, it was unprofessional and made lightwave look like 3D for kids

Andyjaggy
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Well if you noticed, I wrote the post before the video came out.

cresshead
02-05-2009, 09:07 AM
read>>

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94787

MiniFireDragon
02-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Actually, I thought the video was quite interesting when I finally got to watch it (on some board other then ustream). I just can't figure out why they didn't just toss it on youtube (I saw it appeared several hours later) to start and imeediately post the new core page.

Anyway, I have some questions about the new app in particular and hope they are demonstrated in the future, like before march 31.

JML
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Well if you noticed, I wrote the post before the video came out.

Sorry about that, my post was meant against LW marketing.

Their secret core idea started well but the video killed the mood..

JML
02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
read>>

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94787

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that presentation bad.
I meant the content was good but the visuals bad..