PDA

View Full Version : Dpont's Boolean node and strange polygon behavior...

-dp-
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I have been working on an eyeball for a while now, and am using DPont's Boolean node to animate a cutaway of the eye.

I'm having a problem with certain polygons disappearing though-
It works fine except for a 14 frame section in the middle where the polygon that should be created by the subtraction disappears, and there are some gaps visible between some of the other polygons.

I'm still learning a lot of this, and have already been bugging people over at spinquad (and they've been a big help!). Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks a lot...

dpont
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Not easy to see exactly what's failing in your images,
A content scene + object?
I just can see that you are using many different surfaces
here? May be also a Multi-Layered object?

Be sure to have differents surface names
for Inside and Outside objects,
of course I could not exclude an issue
in such object with Boolean node.

Denis.

-dp-
02-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey- Thanks for your reply...

The eye does have 6 layers, each of which has a corresponding object to clip it, or subtract from it, or whatever. (except for the lens, which doesn't need clipped...)

In the first image, you can see that the object is starting to get clipped, but it is not creating the polygon that would form the new edge of the object. This is in contrast the the third image up there entitled "working" which shows the successful cut, with edges on the different layers, etc.

The second image shows the problem with there being a gap visible between the new surface created by the subtraction, and the original.

It also shows the line that appears at the cross section of the pupil, although thats not as big a deal. I will go photoshop that out if I have to.

The surfaces all have different names.
In your post you used the phrase "A content scene + object?".
It is just a background image with the object over it... am I not understanding the question?

At any rate, Thanks again for your help.

dpont
02-04-2009, 10:46 AM
...In your post you used the phrase "A content scene + object?".
It is just a background image with the object over it... am I not understanding the question?

I just meaned that you could post a zipped package
of your scene with your object (no need images),
for testing it myself,
my email is in the DP Kit readme file,
by can't promise to solve this.

Denis.

ELinder
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I think he meant, could you post the object and scene so he can look at it.

Erich