PDA

View Full Version : Fiber FX crash

chemaelizondo
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi.
I've been working with LW9.6 lately and there is a problem with Fiber FX:
It crashes when rendering the Fiber FX usually at 23% completion.
After the crash it doesn't even give me a crash report. Layout just quits.

There is another matter regarding Fiber FX. In a tutorial video, in the newtek website, you can see a Fiber FX section in Modeler-"Setup" below the "Layout tools" section, It doesnt appear in my app. Can any one tell me why?
Thanks.

JM

Chilton
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi,

Can you please send me the scene that crashes?

[email protected]

Thank you,
-Chilton

alepooh
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
There is a solution for this problem?? My Layout crashes too with fiberfx after complete scene render

PerryDS
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Same for me. Lightwave layout crashes on pixel fibre after a render of an image is complete.

Chilton
02-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi Jose!

Okay, I have tried this on my G5 and on my Intel machines, and on my Intel machines under emulation, with and without multiple render threads, and I can't get it to crash. Those were the various conditions that could cause issues in 9.6 before. This bug sounds familiar though. Is there any chance you're using an Open Beta version? Also, are you using the Universal Binary or the PPC Only version?

Thanks,
-Chilton

Chilton
02-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi,

I just realized your screenshots show the jagged edged fonts, so that probably is the PPC only version. We maintain that for supporting older plug-ins that haven't been updated for the UB version. You should try this scene in the UB and see if it performs better.

(The UB version *will* perform better)

Thanks,
-Chilton

zapper1998
02-14-2009, 02:36 AM
Can you load up the scenes so we can confirm please...

Yamba
02-14-2009, 03:31 AM
Hi all,

Had the same crashing problem on PPC, switched to UB and have enjoyed every moment of FiberFX since. The inconvenience of some plugs not working is a small tradeoff to the advantages gained with UB.

Shane - mac since IIe and still sane, well almost.

pjp
04-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Hi all,

Im having a nightmare getting 2 ffx surfaces to render on my Puffin. It seems that the first created becomes utterly unrenderable once the 2nd is added. Even trying to draw OpenGL kills it. Switch off the first ffx surface and the 2nd renders fine! Help....

And this might be a stoopid question...but how do I check whether my LW9.6 is UB or PPC?