PDA

View Full Version : render strangeness - arrrrrgh!

Animapper
02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi folks,

I've had a strange thing happening. I have a render of a 900 frame animation that will sometimes render a background image I have placed in the compositing area for the background and then some frames don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm on 9.5 64bit, Vista Business 64, 6 gigs ram

Thanks,

BlueApple
02-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Can you replicate the problem consistently? For example, does frame 71 always render with a background, or do you get different results on the same frame number if you re-render? How are you getting your background image in the scene... Image World?

Can you post the content?

Animapper
02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Can you replicate the problem consistently? For example, does frame 71 always render with a background, or do you get different results on the same frame number if you re-render? How are you getting your background image in the scene... Image World?

Can you post the content?

Thanks for asking, BlueApple. I am using just the backdrop options and adding the image after importing into the image editor. The answer seems to be abarent on the rendering. I rendered the first 600 frames, imported into AE and rendered a perfect H264 movie. It then seems the files I had imported failed to have the backgrounds attached in a new render I was doing back in LW. I know, this sounds crazy and I'm burning out but this is strange...

BlueApple
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
That does sound weird. Do you have a clean alpha channel on all of the frames where you can knock out the background completely and just comp it together in After Effects?

Animapper
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
That does sound weird. Do you have a clean alpha channel on all of the frames where you can knock out the background completely and just comp it together in After Effects?

While I could have done that, I had pre-multiplied the background to the foreground too so it would just be visible in the reflections -(great trick btw) but I found if I rendered to 24 bit tiff instead of the TGA format all seems well now. I also saw a better render time probably due to the alpha channel anti-aliasing missing, hmmm. There's always so much to learn, huh?

I'll update as it finishes the 84 hour render........

BlueApple
02-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Good luck :)