PDA

View Full Version : lightwave 9.6 starts only with no hub..

spigolo
02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Hello I cleared all the former installation of lightwaves (9.3.1,9.5) and I installe 9.6.
Everything fine..except that there is no way to have layout and modeler to talk each other, there is no Hub no way..
I tried to check the icons to see if there were the 0 flag but nothing I cleared all the configs.., i reinstalled Lw..but nothing..they don't talk..

anu solutions or help?

thanks..

Sensei
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Did you remove any LW9.CFG and similar config files from C:\Docs & Settings\[user name]\ prior running LW v9.6?
Or use -c in command-line in short-cut for LW v9.6 to redirect config folder to different place..
I didn't see anything wrong with hub in v9.6, yet..

spigolo
02-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks Sensei,,
I didit..but nothing..they write the configs in the programs/config..but the hub doesen't come out..
I cleared everything relative to the old installations..even the hub backup objects and scenes..
I'm really frustrated..

spigolo
02-03-2009, 11:22 AM
after redoing everything now it works..

Derrick_SA
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi there,

I wanna keep 9.5 on my machine and installed 9.6 to ..\newtek\lightwave 9.6

When I open Modeler or layout, The HUB does not start, could someone please help me with that?

thanks,
Derrick

geothefaust
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
First delete your configs and create a custom folder for the configs, and follow the instructions for creating custom configs that are on the readme after install.

The very first run of layout/modeler will not turn on the hub sometimes, as it will be blocked by the windows firewall. So run it first and allow each access through the firewall. Don't block them.

If you're on a mac, I don't know the solution.

Derrick_SA
02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
thanks, I'm on PC,

so to be clear, I delete all the .cfg files in my Documents and Settings\username folder, and then setup custom configs in the 9.6 folder ? Do I also delete the plug-in .ini files?

thanks,
Derrick

geothefaust
02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I delete everything in that folder relating to LW (after saving out my preferences of course, just in case!). I wouldn't delete the plugin.ini, just the *.cfg files relating to LW.

Derrick_SA
02-08-2009, 08:48 AM
hi,

I created the custom configs folder, and it works, cause when I run 9.6 it creates the .CFG files in that new configs folder, but no sign of hub anywhere, started and closed modeler and layout a few times from the new shortcuts to 9.6 exe's.

oh I also deleted the old ones before making the custom configs folder.

Any other ideas?

thanks for the help so far, I appreciate it!

- Derrick

IMI
02-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Derrick_SA,

Find "hub.exe" in your LightWave "Programs" folder under the LW root folder and double click it. Does it load into the task bar where it shows your running programs?
If so, then it's loaded, and you might have it blocked with your firewall. If you're not getting a prompt to block or unblock it, you'll have to do that manually, within the firewall itself. If you're not getting a prompt, it might be because you have your security settings too high, and have prompting turned off, but that's only if your firewall has that option.

If that doesn't work, short of a reinstall, I don't know what else to suggest.

Derrick_SA
02-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Ok, so there was a file called "program", like in "C:\program". not a folder, a file. no extention. I open it, and it is LW settings, I delete it, restart, and viola, 9.6 opens it's Hub, and 9.5 opens it's hub.

thanks for the help guys, it's nice to see people willing to give a bit of there time for others.

- Derrick

Sensei
02-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Did you add double quotes to -c argument??
Example good short-cut command
"E:\Programs\NewTek\LightWave v9.6\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Documents and Settings\Sensei\LW Configs\LW v9.6"

Derrick_SA
02-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Did you add double quotes to -c argument??
Example good short-cut command
"E:\Programs\NewTek\LightWave v9.6\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Documents and Settings\Sensei\LW Configs\LW v9.6"

Maybe in one of the attemps the quotes was at the wrong place, but after redoing it the last time, everything is fine.

thanks again,
Derrick

geothefaust
02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Awesome man, glad to hear all is well. :)

pixelgraft
02-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Just wanted to say that I too had this exact same issue. I also had a file called "program" and "lightwave" in the root of my C:\. Both had no extension. Deleting them and then re-launching Lightwave and modeler activates the hub. no issues anymore. Weird.

mav3rick
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
some1 would feel blessed if hub will not work without -0