PDA

View Full Version : lw9.6 license key problem

Svenart
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Hello together,

today, my temporary license key for the LW betaversion expired. So I downloaded LW9.6 and tried to start (on 32bit windows) but its not accepting any of my license keys. Does someone has the same problems? Can anybody help?:help:

adk
02-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Svenart,

I'm no expert but some of the things mentioned in this thread here might help.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94665

I have just installed 9.6 on three win32 machines recently and no problems what so ever.

It should just be your newest non beta phase key from the NT registration>my products section.

hope some of this helps...

adk

Svenart
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks fot he link, unfortunately it doesnt helped. I tried it with all keys on my myproducts section... no luck... LW is only starting in discovery mode "registration key not found..."... Now I tried to install LW9.5 but its also not working with any of my keys... :question: :help:

hairy_llama
02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey, I finally got mine working!

Read my last post over here:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94665

Svenart
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I seen your last post, but it doesnt worked for my... I tried to add it manually into the license.key file, from lightwave help and with registerlightwave.exe ... tried all keys, but its still not working :(

RudySchneider
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry, but I just have to ask...

You're certain that you installed the 32-bit version, and not the 64-bit version, correct? Because they're both in the installer package, and each requires a different registration key.

Just a thought...

Lewis
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Try to update your Dongle drivers also.

jackseay
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
I have tried about a dozen times to unlock the Trial of Lightwave 9.6 on my Mac. It still does not work. When I run the program, it opens a window that says at the top "License Error", then lower it says "The hardware lock was not found" and "Lightwave will run in Discovery mode with reduced functionality until a license key has been entered. I have entered the key that was in my registration email several times, then restarted the program, but the same License Error window always opens. I have used the Help - Enter Unlock Code menu to enter the key. It says in a "Information:MAKELICENSE.LS" window: "License.key successfully written. Restart Lightwave to end Discovery mode!", but the same error pops up the next time, and the next time, and the next time, etc.