PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave still lagging at high frame rates!

jaxtone
02-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I thought that this failure in Lightwave would have been fixed already! I am surprised that NT havenīt taken this seriously though itīs such a pain when working with frame rates and scenes that includes motion! God damn it, itīs an animation software and I suppose that these are meant to handle motions and even higher frame rates without problems!

I know that some of you have suggested me to work around the problem by closing down crucial parts of the program to avoid the problem. I have done so but this is a "second hand solution" though it demands me to add timeconsuming actions each time doing so!

NT! When are you ready to release a version that have solved this pathetic error in the software!

P.S. I just have to say that the visual Motion Path limitation to 30 frames before and after the animated object is a real disadvantage from NT as well! How do you expect me to create an overview of a whole animation curve when I am only able to see 30 frames at a time?

tischbein3
02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I thought that this failure in Lightwave would have been fixed already! I am surprised that NT havenīt taken this seriously though itīs such a pain when working with frame rates and scenes that includes motion! God damn it, itīs an animation software and I suppose that these are meant to handle motions and even higher frame rates without problems!

What Framerate?, what resolution?, preview or realtime scrubbing ?, hard drive speed ?, cpu and motherboard specs ?, disc controller driver ? graphic card ?, graphic card driver ?, What Scene ?,
What shading method ?, What other programs are running beside lw ? Are there any motion modifier involved ?, and if, which ?

P.S. I just have to say that the visual Motion Path limitation to 30 frames before and after the animated object is a real disadvantage from NT as well! How do you expect me to create an overview of a whole animation curve when I am only able to see 30 frames at a time?

Open the lw9.cfg
search for the entry
QuickMotionPathFrames
and change the number to whatever you like.

Sensei
02-04-2009, 05:14 AM
I thought that this failure in Lightwave would have been fixed already!

When you submitted bug report to FogBugz about it?

jaxtone
02-04-2009, 06:49 AM
I donīt know anything about FogBugz! The first bug report was sent two months ago through the ordinary bug report addresses NT have announced! After that I sent two other bug reports and know that friends that also looked at my scenes have sent in bug reports on the same issue since they couldnīt solve the problem either!

I did first send a very large scene! The team didnīt like that so I did send a smaller scene! The team didnīt like that either! I felt they blamed the problem on me becuase I wanted to build scenes that were too big for the system!

To me it sounds ridiculous becuase the different scenes arenīt that big. The problem is that NTīs built in "Relativity" doesnīt work properly in combination with Lightwave! Especially not when you wanīt to have it active and have a scenen that exceeds 500 frames!

I have had suggestions to bake the motions... well, I can do that but it takes a lot of time in processes where my customer needs a change in the desired motion curves daily becuase he is updated frequently by his chain of suppliers and third party designers.

I wanīt freedom to create this pretty static animation without losing time of lagging for about 10 seconds as soon as I move a frame over 500 on the timeline!

When you submitted bug report to FogBugz about it?

Sensei
02-04-2009, 08:00 AM
You want bug fix after just two months after informing about it??? :D
Such things only happen in mine own written software.. :D
The first bug that I reported through FogBugz was fixed after 6-8 months or so.. There is 21,000 reports in queue..

btw, Relativity wasn't written by NewTek, it's 3rd party plug-in..

jaxtone
02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
You want bug fix after just two months after informing about it??? :D Such things only happen in mine own written software.. :D The first bug that I reported through FogBugz was fixed after 6-8 months or so.. There is 21,000 reports in queue....

I am not sure if you mean that its shall be an acceptable support standard with extremely long bug fix cycles! That they must be just as bad in present time as well as in the future just because they have been established in the past?

btw, Relativity wasn't written by NewTek, it's 3rd party plug-in..

Well, I know that it originally wasnīt written by Lightwave but if it comes with the package when you purchase the software a minimum demand is that all parts of the program works perfectly well together!