PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Newtek!

mattclary
08-12-2003, 04:53 PM
My dongle died last week, just got the new one today. Newtek overnighted it to me without me asking, there was even a note inside with a permanent license key (figured I was going to have to call tomorrow since tech support is closed by this time). I was very satisfied with the way the whole situation was handled. Thanks, Newtek!

Lewis
08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Good to know that matt :). I like how NewTek deal problems - very fast and great service :).

P.S.
May i ask how did your dongle "died" :). Just died or you switched it to another coputer and then it died... Thanks

hrgiger
08-12-2003, 09:55 PM
That is good to know. What I want to know is how do you know your dongle died? Did you get a license key error or it just didn't recognize the hardware lock?

A Mejias
08-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your dongle man. It could happen to anyone. ;)

Did they reprogram it so your plugins that are tied to it still work? I've always wondered about that and take extra care not to do anything that would damage mine.

mattclary
08-13-2003, 05:41 AM
Lewis, not sure why it happened. I was in modeler, closed it to change the refresh rate on my monitor, when I tried to restart modeler, it would just flash on the screen and disappear. It would happen about 50-75% of the time after that. Layout would always run fine.

Steve, a bad dongle never occured to me since I wasn't getting errors and layout still worked. I wound up wiping the machine and still had the problem. I was like, "Oh ****, it's my machine", but Newtek advised me the dongle was problaly going out. I tried it on another machine and was able to reproduce the problem. I verified everything is working great with the new dongle. Would have never believed it...

A Mejias, I don't have anything else that requires a dongle.

Lewis
08-13-2003, 06:37 AM
Good to know how it hapend but i'am sure it's just coincidence 'coz i changed resolutions and refresh rates on my monitor at least 50 times with dongle stick in :).

mattclary
08-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Oh, heck yeah! Done it a million times. Just some random sh*t, I'm sure.

Lewis
08-13-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by mattclary
Oh, heck yeah! Done it a million times. Just some random sh*t, I'm sure.
Are you "brave" enough to try change refresh rates with new dongle :) :D :p . Maybe your monitor is "dongle killer" :cool: .

j/k

mattclary
08-13-2003, 07:40 AM
Hmmmmmm. I'll have to think about that. I don't know if I can live without LightWave for another two weeks any time soon!