PDA

View Full Version : Clothing on a character?

Tippsy
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
So I have this character that i have finished rigging and eveything and I want to do an animated film now but my only problem is when I move the body the clothes dont always move wsith him or they deform in odd ways. And I know very little about dynamics but have heard of being able to drape clothing on a character and allow it to move with them does anyone know the best way to get clothing to move with a character?

Tippsy
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
In the picture he has no body underneath so that's the only way I was able to do that.
Sorry its huge and grainy something got messed up.

RebelHill
01-30-2009, 03:40 AM
best i can tell ya...

www.rebelhill.net/clothfx.html

nomad108
01-30-2009, 04:42 AM
If you're using Cloth dynamics, I've found that adding a Collision dynamic to the body helps for me. It slows the Cloth calculation, but gives good results.

steamthunk
01-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Do you really need a body underneath? Everything I've read here indicates that if you don't need to do cloth simulation work - don't!

Carm3D
01-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Collision objects (Nulls) work faster than collision geometry. I suggest using them if possible. Actual collision geometry has better friction, however.

I also suggest making 2 copies of your cloth object. One is non-sub-D, the other Sub-D. Use the non sub-D model for doing your calcs.. Then save the .MDD and swap the object for the Sub-D version when complete. Non-Sub-D objects tend to calc better in my experience.