PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Problem

vdoinart
01-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Ever since I upgraded to LW 9.6, the software can't recognize the hardware lock. I downloaded and installed Sentinel System Driver with and without the dongle with restarts. I'm out of ideas on how to fix this problem. it affected 9.3 as well. Anyone with Ideas how to fix this problem. I had this dongle since LW 6.0.

kevman3d
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
USB or Parallel Port dongle? And are you running a 64-bit OS and the 64-bit version of LW?

I believe that the Parallel port dongles aren't supported for 64-bit versions (but I could be wrong on that - However, I seem to recall that was the case). Though its likely that you probably have the USB one anyway... Only old farts like me still have parallel dongles! lol! :)

The latest dongle drivers should have come with 9.6 - Its 7.4.0 - If you've installed an older version, this could be your issue...

Good luck!

HuGE
02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Got the same problem on my Mac
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94718
In my case it was effectively the version of sentinel drivers.

Ratboy
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
USB or Parallel Port dongle? And are you running a 64-bit OS and the 64-bit version of LW?

I believe that the Parallel port dongles aren't supported for 64-bit versions (but I could be wrong on that - However, I seem to recall that was the case). Though its likely that you probably have the USB one anyway... Only old farts like me still have parallel dongles! lol! :)

The latest dongle drivers should have come with 9.6 - Its 7.4.0 - If you've installed an older version, this could be your issue...

Good luck!

Actually, the latest version is 7.5.0, and I wish they'd shipped with 9.6. I've had to go back to 9.3 to get work done.