PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modelling Challenge #23 - Core (!)

Iain
01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Speed Modelling Challenge #23 - Core
Rules:

1: Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential.
How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.

2:Post a render of your model (min 800x600 pixels) in this thread with a wireframe.

3: LightWave should be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug ins are allowed.

**Please mention whether or not you would be happy to share the model.**

4: You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.

5: Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.

Subject - Core. Supplied by R. Feeney (although I think he felt pressured into it :))
Be it apple, Earth's, LW etc, etc. Imagination welcome as always.

Time Limit - 60 minutes

Deadline - Wednesday 4th February 2200 GMT.

adamredwoods
01-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Ha!

;D

Matt
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM
LOL!

Modelling time zero minutes! ;)

http://pcaottawa.com/files/Master%20Gallery/Students/youth%20pictures/Infusion/applecore.jpg

(P.S. This is not a render!)

JCG
01-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Modeling for an hour? That would mean falling behind like 20 pages in the clue thread!:cry:

R.Feeney
01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Wires have cores, well some of them.
20min modeling.

art
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Very nice R.Feeney (Thor!).

Mine is not going to win me any prizes, but here it is. Modeling: 60 seconds (or less). Texturing about 5 minutes.
Now back to the core thread... ;)

R.Feeney
01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
:D I had a feeling that that might put in an appearance

JeffrySG
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, now I missed about 432 new posts in the Core thread! ahahaha

modeling time: 1.67 minutes
LightwaveCore
http://i42.tinypic.com/2j6722d.png

I am actually curious to see what people will come up with for this one though!

Hopper
01-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Modeling for an hour? That would mean falling behind like 20 pages in the clue thread!:cry:
LOL .. I was thinking the same thing.

Mark The Great
01-30-2009, 12:28 AM
I went minimalist again. And I reused my lighting rig and surfacing from another challenge. That's not cheating, right? :thumbsup:

Modeling time: 5 minutes. And that was because I had some SubD problems.

colkai
01-30-2009, 01:24 AM
I went minimalist again. And I reused my lighting rig and surfacing from another challenge. That's not cheating, right? :thumbsup:

Dude, I do that all the time! :D

shadowlock
01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Unleash the Core......

Origional object Newtek.....
Ripping it open 15-20 mins
Texturemaping and lighting 30 mins
Render 12m 30s

Thought it was a cool idea, just wanted to do it, I'll think of something from scratch for my next one :D

meshpig
01-30-2009, 03:29 AM
Core Blimey!!!!

R.Feeney
01-31-2009, 01:33 PM
45 min modeling and far too much time on the other Core Thread :lwicon:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69051&stc=1&d=1233433829

Some interesting stuff showing up on both of them

Hopper
01-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Shadowlock and R.Feeney - both awesome models. Nicely done!

I have a couple of free hours today (finally). I'll see if I can play this week.

JCG
02-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Three dots!
Very important!

JCG
02-01-2009, 12:54 AM
THE DESK!
Well, not really, just the only desk I could look at for reference, but I needed one to make a Core avatar and it had to do.
Note: The actual desk is black.

I thought about doing a hand but we already had a full challenge just of hands.

Argh!! I don't use avatars! This feels so weird!!

JCG
02-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Someone had already modeled Thor's hammer in a previous challenge (hmmm...suspicious) so I had to go for the second best alternative.

The "stand" was not modeled within the 60 minutes.

Mitja
02-01-2009, 09:09 AM
THE DESK!
Well, not really, just the only desk I could look at for reference, but I needed one to make a Core avatar and it had to do.
Note: The actual desk is black.

I thought about doing a hand but we already had a full challenge just of hands.

Argh!! I don't use avatars! This feels so weird!!

You have my vote!!!

RollerJesus
02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Lightwave 9.6 and RealFlow 4 demo.

Familiar territory here. Spent about 25 minutes modeling the button and the low poly version for the fluid simulation. Tweaked RealFlow settings for quite a while and spent about 25 minutes on the texture/lighting/render.

The old intarwebs around my part has been particularly awful lately so I'll be surprised if this even gets posted. Wires avail upon request due to woeful web issue. :thumbsup:

R.Feeney
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69133&stc=1&d=1233524197
Just waiting for the moment the button gets pressed on Wednesday.
50 min modeling, mostly on the hand.

RollerJesus
02-02-2009, 08:50 AM
As always, very nice R.Feeney!

JeffrySG
02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Lightwave 9.6 and RealFlow 4 demo.

Familiar territory here. Spent about 25 minutes modeling the button and the low poly version for the fluid simulation. Tweaked RealFlow settings for quite a while and spent about 25 minutes on the texture/lighting/render.

The old intarwebs around my part has been particularly awful lately so I'll be surprised if this even gets posted. Wires avail upon request due to woeful web issue. :thumbsup:

very cool... death to the hub!

JeffrySG
02-02-2009, 09:12 AM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69133&stc=1&d=1233524197
Just waiting for the moment the button gets pressed on Wednesday.
50 min modeling, mostly on the hand.

that's great! :thumbsup:

flakester
02-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Thought I'd push something through on the button theme as well. (See what I did there..... 'push'..... 'button'....?!)

17-20 mins modelling, and about 40 mins all told for the layout and stuff. 10 mins to cook in fprime. No post on this one, unusual for me.

Model and scene available should anyone feel the need.

flakester.

cresshead
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
inspired by Matt's pik!

just for fun!

Hopper
02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Well, it looks like I'm forced to miss out on the fun again this week, but there is something I would like to have seen...

I was going to do the outside metal part of the red button, but the actual button part be the top of a red apple. I figured I'd get brownie points for a "double core" lol. Oh well... but if someone else would like to do that one, I'd love to see it. (I was actually going to make a new avatar with it).

cresshead
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
bump!

art
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Are we there yet?

geothefaust
02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Man, you guys have some great entries and ideas for this weeks. Awesome job. :thumbsup:

3DeeNut
02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Hehe, im so happy to be continuing to keep u with these challenges. Though I was waaaayyyyy late on the last one, this one is a bit early. I still have some work to do on the texturing and stuff... Now that I know that 1hr doesn't include the setup, rendering or the scene layout, i can do it up real nice. These challenges are fun. Thanks for hosting them and thanks for welcoming me to the thread. I really enjoy it.

Like Core... More to Follow =)

THings left to do...
1. better deal with the lighting so the "core" is more prominant.
2. adjust the camera for the same effect
3. deal with the fog (or possibly hypervoxels) so it looks more smokey inside the missle tube.
4. Apply logos to the textures... ive got a cool idea i wanna get out in this one.
5. general texture updating for more realism.

Total modeling time (so far) : 45 minutes.

flakester
02-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Hehe, im so happy to be continuing to keep u with these challenges. ~ These challenges are fun. Thanks for hosting them and thanks for welcoming me to the thread. I really enjoy it.

Like Core... More to Follow =) ~

Good to see you back Dude. Awesome job so far. :thumbsup:

--
flakester.

colkai
02-04-2009, 01:58 AM
My entry is going to be not very good, (hey, it is me after all :p), but I'm going to try and get one in at least, feel terrible I've not had chance to cast my net in the waters the last couple of challenges.

flakester
02-04-2009, 02:41 AM
My entry is going to be not very good, (hey, it is me after all :p) ~
Nonsense! You've turned out some class entries in the past - at least a few that have made me go "oooooh", in a good way.

~ feel terrible I've not had chance to cast my net in the waters the last couple of challenges.
I know that feeling.
For me sometimes it is just finding the time, and for some subjects it has been sheer lack of quality ideas. I suppose it is natural that we won't all have an abundance of both time and ideas for every challenge.

Look forwards to seeing what you turn out for this one Colkai.

--
flakester

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Got a little distracted from doing my second entry!
I'm going to have to wait till the next one.

A Yukon Denali decided it needed to be in the back seat of my car going about 55 mph while I was stopped. 8~ The guys comment was "I looked up and I didn't know you stopped for the other cars" MY question was "why the hell weren’t you looking up in the first place!"

Totaled my car, settled on the vehicle cost, still waiting on the medical. I was actually surprised, my Honda Fit only dropped 1K since driving it off the lot 2 ˝ years ago. Most cars drop 3K-4K as soon as you drive off the lot.

I seem to be in one piece, not bleeding out my ears or anything like that :D at least so far

EDIT: Sorry no wires :D

colkai
02-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Ouch, Sorry to hear that, at least you're in one piece.
Mind you, the lengths some folks will go to to find excuses eh? ;) :p

(Make sure you don't settle for too little medical wise, I speak from experience when I say the full effect of a crash may only show itself some time later).

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Ouch, Sorry to hear that, at least you're in one piece.
Mind you, the lengths some folks will go to to find excuses eh? ;) :p

The funny part about the whole thing is one of the things I do for work is accident reconstruction. So this was a little first hand experience :D

I am waiting on the medical for a few weeks to see if anything comes up. If anything does happen the partner in my company is a lawyer who specializes is these types of cases and he has a 98% win ratio. :D

But I think I will be ok, it was last Friday morning when it happened and most of the soreness is going away. I seem to have full mobility and nothing is popping when I move :D

flakester
02-04-2009, 07:10 AM
~ Sorry no wires :D

roflmfao!! <--- That is obviously a laugh at your comment, not the situation as a whole.
Your sense of humour has evidently not been injured! :thumbsup:

Glad that you're ok Dude. Here's to a swift and painless settlement of the whole thing.

--
flakester.

Kuzey
02-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Man...that was a close call.

Glad to hear you're fine :thumbsup:

Kuzey

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Everything seems to be working out fine. Luckly for me they are really trying to sell cars no matter what. I bought a 07 Saturn Vue fully loaded V6 26k miles with everything except navigation and dvd player for almost half of the blue book value! Clean car history and 75k bumper to bumper warranty.

We have been looking for the last few days and all the delarships we called "just sold it" and "You just missed it" crap for the ones we liked. Stumbled on the one last night and it was listed at $17,500 the bluebook value is listed at $18,500. I told them I had listings of a newer model (which we didn't like the stylings on the new model) for less and we were looking at an 06 (which already sold) for $11,995 (fibbed a bit, it was 12,990 :devil:). I told him I would buy the 07 fully loaded for $11,995. He talked to the dealership manager and they said yes???? 8~

So I'm still walking around thinking WTF??

Oh well... right place....right time...really desperate sales guys :D

3DeeNut
02-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey guys... just a note... This thread is not in the main list of weekly challenges... i fianlly bookmarked but the other users may like to have easy access...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89283

Oh, what is the cutoff for this.. like time wise...

shadowlock, really glad u r aok. I was in a really bad accident that caused the death of my best friend and girlfriend (drunk driver broadsided me at about 80-90 mph). Since then i bought big old mercedes benz and will continue to do so as a rule (got a mint condition 1998 wagon with 68,000 miles for 8,000 + 1,500 for 2 year wranty; ppl dont like wagons so they go for next to nothing)... stay away from small little cars that go smoosh. At least while 6,000lb SUV's are still the standard.

BTW, once u get a big mercedes you will have a hard time feeling safe in anything else.

R.Feeney
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
3DeeNut the deadline is - Wednesday 4th February 2200 GMT.

Glad to see your OK shadowlock

flakester
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Cutoff time is 10:00pm GMT if I recall rightly, so that leaves roughly five and a half hours remaining for this week.

--
flakester.

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
That is basiclly what I did. I went from a Honda Fit (Jazz in Europe and Japan) about 2500 lbs to a SUV 4000 lbs..... I loose the gas mileage going from the fit (36 highway mpg) to the Vue (28 highway mpg).

I had just pulled my kids car seats out since I was going to a meeting. The back seats ended up half way between where they were suppose to and where they origionally were. The one on the passenger side being a rear facing seat would have pushed my friend who is 6'4" into the window or the dashboard.

The funny(?) or not :D part was my wife was pissed that I had just filled up the tank a the gas station. But they gave me a full tank when I got my new car.

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Cutoff time is 10:00pm GMT if I recall rightly, so that leaves roughly five and a half hours remaining for this week.

--
flakester.

But there is 4 hours 16 minutes till the "Announcement" how could you work at a time like this :D

3DeeNut
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
I need something to distract me. Otherwise id be losing my mind. =)

P.S. Why would NT do this to us... don't they know we need our jobs and torture like this may equal the loss of many many jobs in the 3D community. And all this time i thought NT had their customers' best intentions in mind.

3DeeNut
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Never know, with all these distractions to the better modelers/lw'ers out there I may have a chance to win.... Hah, u guys thought i didnt plan the timing of my entry into this thread wisely!

KiloWatkins
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM
That is basiclly what I did. I went from a Honda Fit (Jazz in Europe and Japan) about 2500 lbs to a SUV 4000 lbs..... I loose the gas mileage going from the fit (36 highway mpg) to the Vue (28 highway mpg).

I had just pulled my kids car seats out since I was going to a meeting. The back seats ended up half way between where they were suppose to and where they origionally were. The one on the passenger side being a rear facing seat would have pushed my friend who is 6'4" into the window or the dashboard.

The funny(?) or not :D part was my wife was pissed that I had just filled up the tank a the gas station. But they gave me a full tank when I got my new car.

In that SUV at that weight, the only way you can justify HyMPG, is on the freeway. My 08 Impala picked up 20mpg running without 2 PC's. This system is safe, as I've installed it in 2 different places, inside and outside the AirBox in front of the air cleaner.

FYI.... depending on speed = VaporVolume = FuelPressure

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
In that SUV at that weight, the only way you can justify HyMPG, is on the freeway. My 08 Impala picked up 20mpg running without 2 PC's.

Since I work from home now I didn't need the mpg too high. I was looking more for safty now. My last job I drove 32 each direction and racked up 45k miles in 1 1/2 years. Since working at home I've only added about 10-12k this last year. It does have great mpg for its type, most of the other SUVs are 20 mpg highway and below. I'll take the 28 :D

3DeeNut
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Like i said, im glad u r aok. I love small cars and if all people drove them I'd get one in a second. But... Considering all the moron drivers out there driving heavy vehicles, I just cant seem to even think about one any more. My mercedes is like 6800lbs and is built like a sherman (or should i say panzer?) tank.... if only it had a turret =)

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Never know, with all these distractions to the better modelers/lw'ers out there I may have a chance to win.... Hah, u guys thought i didnt plan the timing of my entry into this thread wisely!

Well depending on the announcement they might forget to choose a winner :neener:

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Like i said, im glad u r aok. I love small cars and if all people drove them I'd get one in a second. But... Considering all the moron drivers out there driving heavy vehicles, I just cant seem to even think about one any more. My mercedes is like 6800lbs and is built like a sherman (or should i say panzer?) tank.... if only it had a turret =)

Ooohhh new chanllenge. alter an existing car model :thumbsup:

hmmmmmm

R.Feeney
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Well i have seen it be thursday or friday before a winner is posted.

Hang on, am I ment to pick the winner this week?

3DeeNut
02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Ooohhh new chanllenge. alter an existing car model :thumbsup:

hmmmmmm

Love the idea but please more than 1 hr! well, i guess 1 hr may be sufficient but man id love to spend the time to make my panzer wagon look SiCk! Omg, how fun would that be to model!

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I altered my avatar back at post #1385 on the core thread then everyone went nuts.... I decompiled the flash and posted the chain sign.

This is halarious.... :D

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=815573#post815573

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=815782#post815782

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Love the idea but please more than 1 hr! well, i guess 1 hr may be sufficient but man id love to spend the time to make my panzer wagon look SiCk! Omg, how fun would that be to model!

Someone might post a non copy protected model and then go from there? Could be interesting. 1h should be ok, your not building the car just the alterations... Think out of the box!

3DeeNut
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Well, i doubt they will have a 1988 mb e-class wagon for download. And turning it into a panzer will require considerable work... ill just have to do it cartoony. (which will be fun in and of itself... since it would be breaking my standard mode of conduct of realism.)

shadowlock
02-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Most of what I've had to do with cars is accident reconstruction. so adding objects would be a little more interesting then matching damage on a 3D object from a picture. especially when the lawyers want to be exact.

The officer and the firemen got a laught that I did accident reconstructions for a living. I guess Friday was field research :D

flakester
02-04-2009, 11:31 AM
But there is 4 hours 16 minutes till the "Announcement" how could you work at a time like this :D

I know, I never thought I'd be this excited about the COR3 [!w00t!], but it's got me good and proper. Glad I've had some rig tweaking to keep my mind busy today!

Well i have seen it be thursday or friday before a winner is posted.

Hang on, am I ment to pick the winner this week?

I could be wrong, but I think that is the case. Was it two weeks ago you won?..... If so, you're in the chair fella! :thumbsup:

--
flakester.

colkai
02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, here it is, not very adventurous I'm afraid but it is something I've fancied doing before.
Modelling took longer for the sing and lights than it did for the Earth, (unsurprisingly ;) ). All told, around 45 mins modelling for everything.

Trust me to try and upload it tonight of all nights. :D

KiloWatkins
02-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Since I work from home now I didn't need the mpg too high. I was looking more for safty now. My last job I drove 32 each direction and racked up 45k miles in 1 1/2 years. Since working at home I've only added about 10-12k this last year. It does have great mpg for its type, most of the other SUVs are 20 mpg highway and below. I'll take the 28 :D

Last OT: on hympg. I want a Magnum Wagon V8 or whatever they are called. I have a new Pogue Re-invented box, twice the vapor chamber size that will be ready soon. Took 3~ 2K drives in the last 8mo. to ring out the physics. I did my R & D with safety. and just don't have the real money to finish it up. I'm using 210 degrees heater core water to the water jacket below the VaporChamber. Main thing is it never builds pressure, which is a good thing! LOL A Cartridge Heater, PLC and Thermocouple design, will let you dial in an SUV, for 50MPG Avg in town. Oh, there is maybe 15% passing gear kick also. WaveOn

3DeeNut
02-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Well, my earlier post will have to do. I got sucked into all the core hype and just never finished my model. What i submitted the other day will have to do for my entry this week. Bummer too. I really wanted to complete it. I will, but certainly not for this challenge deadline. Maybe its good enough.

(anxiously awaiting results)

3DeeNut
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Last OT: on hympg. I want a Magnum Wagon V8 or whatever they are called. I have a new Pogue Re-invented box, twice the vapor chamber size that will be ready soon. Took 3~ 2K drives in the last 8mo. to ring out the physics. I did my R & D with safety. and just don't have the real money to finish it up. I'm using 210 degrees heater core water to the water jacket below the VaporChamber. Main thing is it never builds pressure, which is a good thing! LOL A Cartridge Heater, PLC and Thermocouple design, will let you dial in an SUV, for 50MPG Avg in town. Oh, there is maybe 15% passing gear kick also. WaveOn

Will that work on my aging MB E-Class Wagon? I get terrible mileage (but i guess thats normal for a 11 year ol 6,000+ lb car) Currently I get about 18 local 22-24 highway. But, oh my goodness, its soooooo comfortable and nice to drive. Best car ive ever owned... period.
Even at 11 years old.

KiloWatkins
02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, my earlier post will have to do. I got sucked into all the core hype and just never finished my model. What i submitted the other day will have to do for my entry this week. Bummer too. I really wanted to complete it. I will, but certainly not for this challenge deadline. Maybe its good enough.

(anxiously awaiting results)

I'm Digest over at LW3D, and get so lost here in the Forums. I'm not an LW artist full time but, like the stuff I've seen over there and here, and did not get in on this challenge. But this thread is in my Gmail box now, will one of you please post when you've been able to get NT to take your CCard at $395 for the Core please? I will let ya know my reasearch on any affordable Touch Screen Monitors. TIA

R.Feeney
02-05-2009, 08:53 AM
With the forums under such pressure last night, I think it only fair to allow up to 22.00 GMT tonight to get your entries posted.
just to be clear a render of at least 800x600 and a wireframe image are necessary for the entry.
Maximum of 60 Min of modeling and as much time as you want on surfacing lighting and rendering.
Good luck and I will pick a winner (no prize) later tonight :)

flakester
02-05-2009, 09:03 AM
~ Trust me to try and upload it tonight of all nights. :D

Yup, helluva night to choose!
Nice job there Colkai. "Under construction" <--- works on so many levels! ;)

--
flakester.

colkai
02-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Hehe, ta, it just seemed appropriate somehow. Plus, I'd always wanted to do an Earth core shot and this gave me an excuse. :)

KiloWatkins
02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPMJFaEdY My NEW Car. Will this work?

TIA for the explaination...

KiloWatkins
02-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Yup, helluva night to choose!
Nice job there Colkai. "Under construction" <--- works on so many levels! ;)

--
flakester.

The Hard Core is giving me my only Simulus for this year! LOL Under Destruction started around WW2 for you all! Just think of London when a big wave comes. bummer

flakester
02-05-2009, 10:39 AM
~ TIA for the explaination...

There could never be an explaination for some things. ~8-/
Now I can never un-see those images.

AAAAGGGHHHHH... My eyes.... they burn.

--
flakester

R.Feeney
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok what do we have here then.
First up Matt and his apple core :) not so much a model as a photo but well with in the time at zero minutes.

Next is one of mine which I will ignore

Then art and the earth core. Nice and simple but no with no render.

JeffrySG ? but no render either

Mark The Great has a very nice render of the core button, no wireframe though.

shadowlock Render and wireframe but its a pre-existing object rather than made for the modeling challenge. Good idea though.

Then me again, I will ignore

JCG Three dots! be sure and have a look at the wireframe on this one.

JCG The Desk took me a couple of minutes to recall what that was about. Wireframe and render, good stuff.

JCG again with Thor`s helmet. Great work with wires and render.

RollerJesus with a leaky core. wires and render all in one. looks good.

And me again, Ignore

flakester with a nice button model, I like the Core on top. render and wires

cresshead an apple core with some interesting blended textures, but no wireframe.

3DeeNut A missle with a glowing core nice work but again no wireframe shot.

shadowlock and his stunning renders of a car accident, no wires though :D Glad you came through OK

colkai Earth core under construction. Cool, render and wires.

I Like colkai and his earth core as the winner.

A close second goes to thors helmet from JCG.

Well done guys:thumbsup:

cresshead
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Well, here it is, not very adventurous I'm afraid but it is something I've fancied doing before.
Modelling took longer for the sing and lights than it did for the Earth, (unsurprisingly ;) ). All told, around 45 mins modelling for everything.

Trust me to try and upload it tonight of all nights. :D

excellent work well done!:thumbsup:

shadowlock
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Congrats colkai! :thumbsup:

I had done a quick 5 min test for an object last Thursday, then I had to go to bed. It was going to be a bunch of widgets circling around a larger widget like a solar system.

This was the test that I did but had to go to bed for a meeting the next day, then I had my wreck Friday morning and never got back to it.

OK whats the next Challenge?????? :D

colkai
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Wow guys,
I mean, I don't know what to say! :dance:
The fact that you folks are liking my work is really encouraging me, especially at the moment when other matters in life are causing worry and stress.
These challenges are really cool and you guys, well, GROUP HUG! :D

Thanks again. I'll put the scene up today, it's reliant on IFW2 for textures though.

flakester
02-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Congrats Colkai, awesome job. :thumbsup:
Well done all, great entries.

--
flakester.

flakester
02-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Sorry for the delay folks, the next challenge is up and running. Hope it was my turn to do this... kind of lost track...!

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94847

--
flakester.

RollerJesus
02-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Nicely done Colkai and Feeney for the thorough analysis.:thumbsup:

colkai
02-07-2009, 09:25 AM
As Promised, models / scene. :)

Oedo 808
02-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Hey, congratulations colkai :thumbsup:

I'd forgotten I hadn't seen who'd won this.

Good work on all entries.

3DeeNut
02-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Nice job Colkai! Congrats!