PDA

View Full Version : Hard Effects Cancels out Morphs?

mrpapabeis
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Need a work around for this one.
I have a car hitting the ground after an explosion.
I've got the "bounce" I want with hardFX/collision. I used a simple cube for the simulation and then saved the motion file.
Reloaded the motion file onto the car. Works nicely. But I had created six morphs to crunch the body when it hits. They won't work when hard FX is on. Work fine when I switch HardFX off.

Any ideas or work arounds?

TIA

Ztreem
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
in hardfx, go to editfx and use make path, this will make a null object. parent your object to this null.

Greenlaw
01-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Try applying FX_MetaLink_Morph to the object. This should allow MorphMixer to apply morphs after HardFX. (You may have to experiment with the order of the plug-ins.)

If this doesn't work, make a clone of the object and parent it to the original. Disable rendering of the parent object in the New Scene Editor, and use Metalink to deform the child object. Now apply MorphMixer and FX_Metalink_Morph to the child object. (With this setup, you don't need MorphMixer or FX_Metalink_Morph on the parent object.)

Hope this helps.

Greenlaw

Greenlaw
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh, one more thing: if you go with the second option, you may need to bake the HardFX simulation to .mdd first using ClothFX. Just apply ClothFX after HardFX and click ScanMotion. Then disable HardFX. This makes it appear to LW that you ran the sim using ClothFX.

The reason for doing this is that (I think) Metalink needs to get data from ClothFX, not HardFX, to work properly.