PDA

View Full Version : character: non-photrealistic Goth girl

Werner
02-25-2003, 02:53 AM
something I'm working on...let me know what you think and please crit on how to make it better. (I'm still busy with the back ground)

Goth Girl (http://www.3dluvr.com/ziemdesign/images/goth_test2.jpg)

http://www.3dluvr.com/7ReF1046163060n/ziemdesign/images/goth_test2.jpg

Elmar Moelzer
02-25-2003, 04:06 AM
Hey Werner!
I like her a lot!
Absolutely great work!
She needs a few piercings though ;-)
The Tattoos are a bit too symetrical though (left and right arm).
I would also let them fade a bit below te skin
CU
Elmar

spikey
02-25-2003, 06:07 AM
she gives me the willies. good willies, mind you.

i agree about the symmetric tattoos, they distract a bit.. otherwise real nice.

hrgiger
02-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Hey, I like her.

I think she's a little too scrawny but other then that I don't see a problem with her. That's more of just a personal view then an asthetic one. I don't mind the symmetrical tattoos.

Great job on the lighting.

Bionic Antboy
02-25-2003, 09:12 AM
I like her a lot! Very cool pose, and nice work on the folds in the clothing too. Makes me want to listen to some of my old Bauhaus and Sisters of Mercy records :)

Maybe the hair is a little thin, or there's something funky happening with the background right above her head (what's the bluish triangle)? but that's about it.

Did you model the pose, or are you using bones?

Antboy

dmg3d
02-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Beautiful face... reminds me of Kate Winslet. Proportion-wise she looks like her body should be a touch wider. Love the clothes and texturing.

I'd love to see a close-up of the face... maybe some wires.

Nice work.

-Dave

Simon
02-25-2003, 01:08 PM
That's damn good! Her eyes are great, and you've got the leather and it's creases/stitching spot on. I'd second the comment about the hair could be a bit thicker looking, but keep the red streaks!

Lebish
02-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Freakin Awsome.. you got some talent... Awsome..:eek:

hrgiger
02-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Werner,

Did you model the leather seperately or is she all one piece? I would love to see a wireframe.

Werner
02-26-2003, 01:59 AM
Elmar Moelzer: Thanks buddy, the tattoos were actualy painted in Photoshop and then copied and flip to the other side...this will be worked into the finished scene....still so much to do.

hrgiger: thank you! scrawny...ahhh I love scrawny! hehe
the perpective view makes her look thinner, than what she really is, tho. The leather top is a seperate object , but it's sitting on the same layer as the body...I'll post wires and closeups once I'm happy with all the other stuff.

Bionic Antboy: glad you like it buddy! and you have good tast in music! I just love Sisters of Mercy. yeah, I'm having a hard time with the hair. Sas takes abit of practice before it looks cool.

dmg3d: thank you, I'll post a close up asap!

Simon: thanks! I'll work on the hair some more...

Lebish: thank you buddy!

DigiLusionist
02-26-2003, 02:38 AM
Keep her scrawny. Not all gothchicks are Rubenesque (though all too many are, and then some). Your model is definitely cool.

banshee
02-26-2003, 04:42 AM
Well, being a Goth myself (now a geriatric goth 'cause I'm over 30:( ), I'd say you've done a really great job capturing the essence (even though there's different types of us) ie not too subtle and not too hard looking. It's a good blend/compromise between the styles. The coloring is isolated, nice and cold and well suits the character and the mood. Good call with the strips of red in the hair. Do I sense a comic book of sorts with this or an animated short? Lookin' forward to the next update.

Meaty
02-26-2003, 09:07 AM
awesome! what a gorgeous face! very well done

hrgiger
02-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Ok, just a sidenote....

Banshee. Are you a goth racing fan? I see your avatar so it would appear you like auto racing or at least the cars. Something just struck me funny about that. Sorry. I hang out here at a few of the local goth bars and I've never encountered a conversation about auto racing.;) As another sidenote, are you one of Siouxsie's Banshees?

Anyway, back to the thread...

Elmar Moelzer
02-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Hehe, quite a few goths here its seems, adding myself to the list...
BTW, I made a pic of my goth girlfriend "Cornelia" a while back, check it out here(I hope you dont mind Werner):
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/gallery/spgm.php?g=LightWave3D&p=274&frpg=23&f=#pic
CU
Elmar

DigiLusionist
02-26-2003, 12:16 PM
My word. If the goth chicks I've met looked anything like the ones you guys have modeled, maybe I, too, would've been into that scene... :D

Elmar Moelzer
02-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey Digilusionist maybe you should comer over to Graz for a visit, we have got lots of lovely girls here and quite a few of them are goth...
:)
Oh my god I think we are getting way OT here ;)
CU
Elmar

mattclary
02-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Excellent work Werner! she's hot! Skinny chicks with boobs, gotta love 'em.... :D

oxyg3n
02-26-2003, 04:55 PM
I like her too. I cant wait to see an update.

ALso, Elmar i like your model to. I have seen it before.

Did you write a hair modelling tutorial for lw, I think I rememebr seeing one?

Skonk
02-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Goth chicks rock, and that ones is very impressive :) love the pose too.

James..

oxyg3n
02-27-2003, 02:35 AM
I was just staring at your render and I realized that it is her pose that I like so much. Sorta an S shape from her shoulders to hips.

banshee
02-27-2003, 04:44 AM
-hrgiger- actually my avatar is my first LW model and render (http://forums.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/36106.html?1040022908 if you wanted to see full pic and explanation). Alice Cooper owns a race team but its only his makeup that is even closely resembling goth, and thats reaching :p No I'm not but I hung out with her after a show backstage and at a club in 87' :D .

Alrighty then (said like Ace),

I'm still curious what Werner is planning to do with this, comic, anim short or just a pic project.

Elmar Moelzer
02-27-2003, 04:52 AM
Hey oxyg3n, yepp that tutorial was written by me :)
CU
Elmar

Werner
02-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Elmar: I've seen your goth model before...absolutely beautiful!

banshee: for now it's only for a pic, but she's fully rigged with morphs. Maybe I'll do a little animation...will just have to wait and see.

thanks for all the comments!

I'm going away for the weekend...won't be able to update till next week. I'll keep you guys posted.

Zombat
02-27-2003, 06:12 AM
Stunning. Really just stunning. The leather is excellent, and the face is so realistic ... really, really good.

Zombat
02-27-2003, 06:13 AM
As a side note: the only thing I'd change is the image quality... it looks like a very bad .jpg...

artmarci
02-27-2003, 07:42 AM
He Werner did ya noticed that ..."LW artists needed to work on Quake 4"?
He he he..just a little hint..thats all:)

AWSOM WO..Uch Uch..RK!

oxyg3n
02-27-2003, 02:52 PM
Hello artmarci,

Where did you see that add for "lw artists for quake 4"

I have a group of friends who are very good at making q3 mods, there latest one is "generations arena" but they all use 3dmax. I want to help make models for them and they were telling me that they could use my help when doom3 comes out because it nativley supports .lwo files.

Anyways, it is exciting to hear of more games that are using lw (i want to be a game designer when i finish school) !!

peder
02-28-2003, 12:44 AM
Beautiful!
My only comment is that the choker (or what it is called) is letting light through.(look at it's shadows on the neck) I would turn on doublesided for the choker, or add more geometry.

Otherwise she is just perfect.

Peder

JohnD
02-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Wow,
Great job. I like the lighting and pose too. Good work.

Russel
02-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Goodness! That Goth girl's got game!
Great graphic!
:D

artmarci
03-03-2003, 04:52 AM
Hi where i got that post from quake 4?right on the newtek page..its stil standing i think so check it out...sorry that i keep your hopes up if ya already have seen that thing there..but he try it out and who knows:) Right? www.newtek.com

Epita
03-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah, the Q4 thing was on the www.lightwave3d.com page. I suck to much to build anything but HL prefabs... Still me and some friends are making a game on our own. Got to make some buildings I am going way of topic here!

The girl is really good, the tattos didnt bother me until someone pointed them out to me... The lips look a little huge though even for a goth, like no overkill on the lipstic, just huge lips. unless she wants a kiss!

Epita