PDA

View Full Version : Wanted :: 21" Professional CRT for graphics work

jay3d
01-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi,

I'm really frustrated with LCD screens those days, those that are insanely bright, washed out colors, and even bl**dy manufacturer don't mention that this LCD is 6-bit or 8-bit :mad: ; if you had a bad luck you'll end up with a 6-bit colors (256k colors) screen with an ugly dithering.

And some burn-in issues, limited viewing angles, ... etc, in short : LCD screens are not ready yet for accurate graphics work, and the ones that are (OLED) though over-priced, limited resolutions, and short working hours.

If somebody had a Trinitron CRT 21" or bigger, brands : Sony, Radius, Philips, Apple, ViewSonic, Eizo, and wish to sell, please let me know. :)

Cheers
Jay

Lewis
01-28-2009, 02:28 AM
Tha will be hard task to find in good condition since most of them are 4-5+ years old at least :(.

I have iiyama VMPro 514 (22" Diamndtron tube 2048*[email protected]) in great condition but don't want to sell it because same reason you mention. I like to check video/animation colors/contrast on that before I ship it to client.

As far as graphic work on LCD you should search for S-IPS panels 'coz they are full color (8-bit) unlike cheap TN panels and so. There is also proffesional series (92% NTSC Gamut) of LCDs from NEC, EIZO, Samsung.... what you could check out but price is outrageous also (not as OLED but not far either) :(.

Dexter2999
01-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Here's hoping for the SED technology to move quickly along.

Red_Oddity
01-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Some NEC series have some very excellent screens (some that even have a greater gamut than most CRTs), a friend at a partner post office (Crabsalad (http://www.crabsalad.nl/)) who does nothing but grading and set vfx supervision these days uses it.

Having seen these in action myself these will be replacing my aging CRTs.

Wink
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I have a 13" Sony PVM-1354Q broadcast SMPTE C monitor for sale in very good condition. Has component & S-video in. 600 lines. These monitors sold for around $2500 new...asking $750.