PDA

View Full Version : New demo reel online...

Bog
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Phew. That was more work than it should have been. From this day on, I'm never throwing another render away again.

http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/

Crit me, do.

Hopper
01-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Nice work. I like your choice in music too. Blue Man Group I think, yes?

Bog
01-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, "Rods and Cones" from the album "Audio". Seemed appropos for visual work ;)

Thanks. It doesn't really show what I can do, yet. Just what I have done. It's a sad truth that for a freelancer like yours truly, your demo reel is generally as good as the gigs you get. We'll see what happens.

dmack
01-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Hi Mark,

Couldn't get site to work on IE7. Two errors then bombs. More luck in FF, just downloading file now.
(Don't know whether you remember me but we met a few times at Bob Greenyers house, can't remember what the project was...adn you once visited me at my place...with your first showreel!)

dmack
01-28-2009, 02:29 AM
Cool reel, just watched it.

biliousfrog
01-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Hey Mark,

Doesn't work for me in FF or IE, is says locating media and then goes back to 'ready'.

AbnRanger
01-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Phew. That was more work than it should have been. From this day on, I'm never throwing another render away again.

http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/

Crit me, do.Funny subtitle....how about:
Digital Design Done with a Dismally Decrepit Dongle
:D
Say that 10 times as fast as you can

LW_Will
01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Great work dude!

Bog
01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Funny subtitle....how about:
Digital Design Done with a Dismally Decrepit Dongle
:D
Say that 10 times as fast as you can

*snerk* Given how my previous dongle was Foully Murthered last september by a 3-year old....

*sob*

I miss old 31608, I really do. You get attached to these things. Anyhoo, I have a shiny, new black dongle, which is new and shiny. It's not even slightly decrepit. Otherwise, yes, it'd be fun.

evenflcw
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Direct link would be nice (to med and high res)... or a site that didn't start downloading 4 videos at once, especially not when you want people to mainly watch one of them.

Bog
01-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Direct link would be nice... and a site that didn't start downloading 4 videos at once, especially not when you want people to mainly watch one of them.

Fair comment!

130Mb Crispy WMV (http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/WMV/Showreel2008.wmv)

25Mb Fuzzy WMV (http://www.imaginetix.co.uk/WMV/Showreel2008_med.wmv)

DiedonD
01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Mark, sholdnt you watermark it first, before you issue your artwork man!

Back in the days I was making my movie, I use to issue the clips in a high diagonal semi transparent word that said 'A Diedon Dorambari Movie' just so it doesnt gets missused! A diagonal ranging from upper left to the lower right in semi transparent!

And there you are showing it in the open liket that!

Whats to stop someone from deleting the entry and the ending parts, and showing your work as theirs in the other part of the globe where you wont even realize that it did happen?

Of course it can be the one next door to you too! You cant put him in court, and even ironically he has some grounds to comment that ironcially YOU stole his work from him!

Put something of yours throughout the presentation, to connect the artwork with You as the author!

If it isnt rough enough out there, and artists dont seem to even belong well in the economic system, beeing stabed in the back like that would be going to an even greater low!

Watchout ok?

Bog
01-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Aww, Diedond, that's sweet.

But I have all my WIP files, and a thief won't. More to the point, I can do this stuff -and a thief can't.

You can rob anyone once - but 3D requires honesty by it's very nature. Any liars and thieves will soon see themselves screwed by their own inability.

Besides - the videos are watermarked. You just can't *see* it ;)

DiedonD
01-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Aww, Diedond, that's sweet.

But I have all my WIP files, and a thief won't. More to the point, I can do this stuff -and a thief can't.

You can rob anyone once - but 3D requires honesty by it's very nature. Any liars and thieves will soon see themselves screwed by their own inability.

Besides - the videos are watermarked. You just can't *see* it ;)

Well I was going to say that these kinda thieves are already skilled in 3D, and if it wore come to that, then they coudlve produced it as 'proof' that its theirs! Ive heard stories of backstabing ranging from the elite of LW on our forums even!

See the go for the easy way out, and if its a big hit then all the better!

But its already is watermarked you say! Wait, dont tell me! When I get back to doing movies again, you and me, well chat about that 'ninja secretive watermarking technique' over a beer whatdya say? :hey:

Bog
01-31-2009, 01:50 AM
There are a dozen ways of invisibly watermarking video. It's not hard :)

DiedonD
01-31-2009, 02:35 AM
I took a more detailed look on the book. Youve put symbols that define YOU only hiden in key places havent ya! :D

I use to do that on my movie aswell. There was a CDP clock, fridge, the bridge of Prizren, a classic music disc with my signature on it :hey: , and tons of other things like that.

And the book, is like a sponge for putting a Mark Hennesy in a middle aged style fonts.

So yeah, I getya...

Bog
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Heh :) I entirely deny that I've altered the copy of those books in any way. And you can't prove anything.

Thing is, watermarking the video makes it ugly. So what if someone rips it off? What are they gonna do, get a job saying "I can do this!" One day at the workstation will prove if they can do the job or not. Sell it? Who to? I have enough difficulty getting money out of most of my clients anyway, and I'm selling them something they've specifically asked for. Use something in a mash-up video they put on YouTube? I'd take it as a compliment. Someone already pilfered the Honorverse ships for a mash-up, I was dead chuffed. So was the client who commissioned those ships, and they paid me a big chunk of change for them.

Long story short, I don't think it's worth making the video ugly to stamp my name across it.