PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about previews.

4dartist
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
-What happen to the frame numbers on the prevews? They are missing from my previews on 9.6.. Handy for getting reference for what sections of shots got used in an edit. Handy for discussing preview/daily. (would be friggin' awesome to toggle this on or off) Sometimes i actually use previews for composite elements so i ended up having to mask out those numbers. (Call me thrifty! 8)~ )

-What happened to currentpreview.mov ? Sometimes if LW crashed after preview, it was still saved as currentpreview.mov. But now that doesn't seem to be the case. Happily layout hasn't crashed upon closing the preview player. Joy!

Chilton
01-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi,

We moved the currentPreview to ~/Library/Caches/LightWave3D/ to avoid conflicts when running Layout off a network disk, or any locked disk.

And we got rid of the numbers because when they get too big, it will make your hard drive spin all wobbly. Actually I have no idea. They're working, here.

-Chilton

4dartist
01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi,

We moved the currentPreview to ~/Library/Caches/LightWave3D/ to avoid conflicts when running Layout off a network disk, or any locked disk.

And we got rid of the numbers because when they get too big, it will make your hard drive spin all wobbly. Actually I have no idea. They're working, here.

-Chilton

Ah yes, I see the CurrentPreview.mov file now, not sure why it wasn't showing up in my spotlight search, but very cool. I like to just yank that file out and send it to to my boss for review sometimes.

You know.. I open a new layout, and hit preview, and the frames are there, but on the layout I am working in they are gone.. I'm not sure where or what caused them to be gone.. If I can figure it out I'll let you know and submit a report, but right now im clueless as to why it's missing on this layout.

Thanks for responding Chilton.

hdace
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
not sure why it wasn't showing up in my spotlight search

spotlight doesn't find files located in any of the three libraries. Bloody annoying too.