PDA

View Full Version : Return old faulty red dongle

PaulP
01-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Hello all,

I bought LW 9 for Mac a while back, which had a faulty dongle. I had this dongle replaced with a correctly functioning dongle ages ago. Chris Pitts from Newtek was my contact person at the time. He asked that i return the faulty dongle, which for various reasons I never did. At any rate, we moved recently and I discovered the old faulty dongle, and I would like to know if Newtek still need me to return it. If so, please provide me with all the necessary details, and I'll sort it out asap. Apologies for this.

Also, the Lock ID and Licence Key in my Newtek account reflect the old faulty dongle. How can I correct this ?

Thanks

Chilton
01-25-2009, 08:02 PM
We take these things very seriously, but it looks like our assassins went to the wrong house. Are you missing a neighbor?

(slightly more seriously...) In cases like this, we're much more interested in getting our users up and running ASAP than whether or not we've received the faulty dongle back. Chris isn't at NewTek anymore, but if you contact our tech support guys tomorrow, I suspect they'll get you fixed up with a quickness, and get you shipping info for returning the faulty dongle.

Thanks,
-Chilton

PaulP
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks Chilton,

what are the contact details for the tech support guys ? Email only please, as I'm in Australia.

Thanks.

PS : all neighbors present and accounted for.

lwanmtr
01-26-2009, 01:00 AM
See..this is why NewTek is behind...they hire bargain basement assasins

Dexter2999
01-26-2009, 02:48 AM
never, NEVER cut corners when hiring assasins. It will always come back to bite you.

Sure, they can wrap Phillipinos in those black robes and tell you they are Ninjas...don't fall for it.

Chilton
01-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi guys,

Yep, it appears our outsourced ninjas are in fact still at the call center. I called earlier and spoke to 'Tim' who assured me they would be sent in 4-6 weeks, and that I should try restarting Windows to see if that helps.

Anyone else still have one of those faulty dongles?

-Chilton