PDA

View Full Version : Scorsese Uses Lightwave

roboken
01-25-2009, 02:12 PM
I did a quick search and did not find this story mentioned yet on this forum so I hope I am not posting duplicate news.

I was reading the November issue of Post Magazine and came across an interesting, Lightwave related story.

Director Martin Scorsese was hired by the ad agency, JWT Spain, to direct a 12-minute short promoting its client’s champagne, Freizenet, and his only directive was to somehow work a bottle into the story. Scorsese decided to tell the story in a way that was an homage to Alfred Hitchcock. The story takes place in Carnegie Hall. In this short, the concert hall is a 3D model built using Lightwave. FX was handled by The Syndicate

This 12 minute short won a Clio, played theatrically in Europe, and is available for viewing on the web. Check it out. It’s clever and very very funny…

www.scorsesefilmfreixenet.com/video_eng.htm

The Syndicate has additional information about making the short on its web site under portfolio.

www.syndicate.tv/syndicate/syndicate.html

Dirk
01-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Cool, thanks :thumbsup:

grimoirecg
01-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Its hardly accurate to say Scorsese uses lightwave though.
I can't imagine Scorsese stipulating in his contracts that the FX studios that get any work from him must use Lightwave.
What you mean is that on this occasion the people who happened to get this contract use Lightwave, which is about as far removed from the thread title as me claiming to be Scottish because I once know someone who likes haggis.

lwanmtr
01-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Hehe..not normally a Scrosese fan, but that was cute