PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity Trouble

waly
01-25-2009, 08:10 AM
I have a hugh radiosity trouble. When I activate the radiosity it burns all the white fasade and the reflection in the windows, I really need to finish this project and I m helpless cause for every test render it takes over 20 min to render that s a lot time considering that this are only the slight tweakings that i make and there are slight differences .

I need a really big difference so someone who is experienced in radiosity stuff please help. Here are some imges and the settings for radiosity.

cheers waly

zapper1998
01-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Indirect Bounces = 3, lower to 2

Rays per Evaluation = 200, lower to 64

Secoundary Bounce Rays = 8, raise to 32

Angular Tolerance = 80 Deg, Lower to 22.5 Deg

MinPS = 1

MaxPS = 10

What are your Light settings and your background color set to???
Camera settings also what are they set to ??

Ernest
01-25-2009, 08:38 AM
The radiosity settings to get the exposure just right depend on many factors like the color of the background, the brightness of any HDR images lighting the scene, the number and intensity of your lights (or if you're using lights at all), the diffusion of your surfaces, etc. However, Lightwave renders HDR images so, if only the exposure is wrong, it's easier to just adjust the white and black point in the image processing window. You can open it from the file menu in the Lightwave image viewer. If you're animating, there is a post processing filter that you can use to adjust them on every frame. I don't have LW here at home but the filter had a good, easy to identify name. You can also use the faster Final gather radiosity for your test renders and switch to MonteCarlo only when you're satisfied with the lighting.

waly
01-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Indirect Bounces = 3, lower to 2

Rays per Evaluation = 200, lower to 64

Secoundary Bounce Rays = 8, raise to 32

Angular Tolerance = 80 Deg, Lower to 22.5 Deg

MinPS = 1

MaxPS = 10

What are your Light settings and your background color set to???
Camera settings also what are they set to ??

here are the camera, light and background settings.

Im using the DP procedural texture (sunsky) for background

also for light DP infinite light.

Now ill make a render with the setting you suggested and comming back with the render

thanks for advance

iluxa
01-25-2009, 08:44 AM
and need to change color of walls, closer light-grey(if it white) or manipulate color data in any graphical editor in multi-pass mode(via plug-in or something native).
I'm newbie in LW, but even vray-engine or c4d's AR3 have problems with white-color(so have psychical camera or white-point/kelvin corrector)

waly
01-25-2009, 08:53 AM
The radiosity settings to get the exposure just right depend on many factors like the color of the background, the brightness of any HDR images lighting the scene, the number and intensity of your lights (or if you're using lights at all), the diffusion of your surfaces, etc. However, Lightwave renders HDR images so, if only the exposure is wrong, it's easier to just adjust the white and black point in the image processing window. You can open it from the file menu in the Lightwave image viewer. If you're animating, there is a post processing filter that you can use to adjust them on every frame. I don't have LW here at home but the filter had a good, easy to identify name. You can also use the faster Final gather radiosity for your test renders and switch to MonteCarlo only when you're satisfied with the lighting.

I think that i m getting somewhere Ive changed the setting to settings that zapper 1998 suggested it looks much better now and i was playing with the surface diffusion also. When the render is finished i ll post it

thanks for advance

waly
01-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Much better but i think that the render looks a little tint and I don t like the contrast. Here is the test render, it is rendered final gather type or radiosity to render faster.

Iain
01-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Final Gather Interpolated is a very fast radiosity solution and more than adequate for most exteriors.

I'd try using the real lens camera with Antialiasing at 5 or 6 using the Mitchell filter and turn Adaptive Sampling on.

As mentioned above, your surfaces need to react properly to the lighting. Keep the diffuse value down below 80% and add a subtle diffuse or bump map.