PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for LW8 : new display window for FX_Browser

gaetan
08-12-2003, 09:50 AM
I have a suggestion for lw8, it's a new window display for FX_Browser. ONLY one window for all FX.

JMarc
08-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I second that idea!

That looks great, Gaetan. It would be so much more useable than popping in and out of the FX windows as it works now. Constantly having to reopen the FX windows is a time-consuming pain!

Newtek, are you listening? :)

Jean Marc Rodrigue
Lead Animator
The Studio Upstairs

ps. Gaetan, I didn't know Hybride used LightWave; I thought you guys used XSI?

gaetan
08-12-2003, 11:09 AM
thank's

xsi is the first 3dtool for animator, modeler and texture but for particle, dynamics and specialfx i use LW :)

JMarc
08-12-2003, 11:13 AM
That's cool!

Mylenium
08-12-2003, 01:29 PM
I seriously hope it's not coming out like that! Popping everything onto a single panel does not solve the workflow issue with PFX. What is needed is combining functions in a more sensible way instead of spreading them out on tens of tabs, subtabs and rolldowns. Also with complexity increasing something like a dynamic relationship editor in Maya would surely help to control collisions, events and the like instead of activating emitters, collisions etc. in a very odd way.

Mylenium

Psyhke
08-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Mylenium's valid points notwithstanding, can I interject another little suggestion to gaetans... would it be very difficult to tidy up the alignment and spacing of a few buttons on the fx browser portion, like so..?

gaetan
08-13-2003, 07:04 AM
excellent! :) Mylenium you rock!

I think the property button could be remove.

Belle salutation a Mylene!:p

isnowboard
08-13-2003, 07:20 AM
Good suggestion.

Psyhke
08-13-2003, 03:49 PM
gaetan, you're right. If it were one panel, you could get rid of the property button...

Valter
08-14-2003, 12:07 AM
copy/paste?!?!?!

gaetan
08-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Yes ! i like it.

Valter, the copy/paste is in the file button for each fx.
and i thing you add two big buttons for COPY and PASTE at top for all setting (fx_Emiiter, wind etc...) And un Update button for all emitter.

Phil
08-18-2003, 09:13 AM
I just find the cropping of text in the tabs to be really unhelpful. Make the panel larger and the contents could actually then be much more legible compared to the current implementation.

Having a node display would help as well, but perhaps I am being a little excessive here. In my ideal world, it would be possible to actually get a true overview of interdependencies and settings via the schematic view.