PDA

View Full Version : New Presets

riki
08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
The Presets have just been updated at Lux http://www.luxology.net/community/lwpresets_list.aspx?mode=New

Hervé
08-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Thanks a lot Riki, you're my friend !!
(if you want...)
Hervé

riki
08-13-2003, 02:05 AM
Thanks Hervé :) hey I just realise you live in Lux as in Luxemburg. Okay I might come knocking on your door if I'm ever in that neck of the woods.

Hervé
08-13-2003, 02:51 AM
..... and you're welcome Riki, you're welcome !!

Are you planning a trip to Luxembourg..?

Hervé

riki
08-13-2003, 04:25 AM
Oh I lived in München for a while, which I enjoyed in a strange way. I want to go back, to Europe one of these days but can't afford to do much at the moment.

Bytehawk
08-13-2003, 05:29 PM
riki,

If ever you're in Luxemburg, head on over to the Belgian coast for a few days. You're always wellcome here www.hoteldonny.com

cheers

btw I have never seen a 'newbie member' with +1000 posts

riki
08-13-2003, 07:32 PM
haha thanks Bytehawk, yeah the Newbie thing was my idea of a joke.

I've been to Brugges and Ghent, had a great time. I seem to remember a tiny pub which had 300 diferent types of beer. I don't remember much after that :)

trick
08-14-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
...You're always wellcome here www.hoteldonny.com...

...nice hotel...

(I'm there next month) :) :)

Bytehawk
08-14-2003, 05:48 AM
trick,

be sure to mention Newtek or Lightwave when you check in. I'll make a sweet deal for ya.
:D

Hervé
08-14-2003, 05:58 AM
Hey Bytehawk, is it your hotel ??

Hervé

riki
08-14-2003, 07:20 AM
I had a complete freakout tonight. I was at a art gallery opening and a saw this naked female torso in a box. It was like a nude on a pedistal, but built into the wall. Anyway the torso was rotating around and I could see the bones moving under the flesh. I was thinking wow that's great modeling and animatronics. Anyway I wanted to get a closer look at how they'd done the tiny hairs on the butt. When I got closer I could see better and I was thinking that the flesh wasn't quite perfect.

Man I was dumb, it turned out to be a real girl on a rotating platform, and here I was with my head in her butt.

Damn, it's kind of funny though :)

trick
08-14-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
trick,

be sure to mention Newtek or Lightwave when you check in. I'll make a sweet deal for ya.
:D

Thanks...but I already made a reservation (only one night)!!

Bytehawk
08-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Hervé,

Not the owner,

Assistant manager. That's as high as it goes though, the manager is the owner.

IT, PR, Front Office, Back Office and F&B is my field, and guesswhat, LW plays a major part in the PR and IT department

We have a unique service for people doing seminars : assistment in preparing presentations. This is real fun. Most people use standard Powerpoint (yeuch yeuch) templates. I use Scala (remember - amiga scala grown up but for PC). All clients I do this for are astonished with the results.

Also our brochures stand out of the pack because of the eye catching graphics (by yours truly :)). The printers are even asking me to do other graphics for their clients...

Through the hotel we also have contact with the Belgian commercial TV companies (like VTM and Studios Amusement), the hotel is transformed once a month into a large set for recording scenes of one of the most popular Flemmish soap operas - I get to play a part in that as well....
We are also involved in the script writing part of that show - mostly research. For example, they are planning a few weeks of shooting in South Africa in December, one of my favourite locations, next week we're going to finish schedueling that.

As you can see, I have a pretty busy life, but loving it all makes it possible and fun...

Hervé
08-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Woaw this is really cool... 20 years ago I was a restaurant manager (awful terrible job).... you definitly found a busy cool work...

Cheers

Bytehawk
08-15-2003, 05:09 AM
thanks, Hervé

Riki, I would have loved seeing you in that art gallery.

That's one for my book