PDA

View Full Version : What would you expect from LW 10 in 11 days?

silviotoledo
01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
What would you expect from LW 10 in 11 days?[/B

mainly for Character Animation this is what I expect from LW 10 and 10.X series

[B]SCULPT ON LAYOUT
inflate, bulge, point normal move, drag, magnet and others controlled by airbrush
the hide/unhide tool and polygon selection modes also should work on layout, so we can make adjustments.

WEIGHTMAP PAINT ON LAYOUT
All the vertex paint capabilities on layout, working when the character is already deformed by bones.

NON LINEAR MORPHS
Hability to create a group composed by basic object shape inbetween morphs and end morph and save it as a single ENDOMORPH slide that can be automatic associated like a ONE MORPH with complex shapes between the start and end.

CORRECTIVE MORPHS
easy and automated way to associate corrective morphs

Enter a Corrective Morph Mode pressing CORRECTIVE MORPH button
select the bone and choose the endomorph ( or endomorphs ) name with right click
just rotate the bone to the minimal rotation value, right click and choose the amount of endomorph
rotate the bone to the max value, right click and choose the amount of endomorph.
Done.
No need to open morph panel, expressions or modifiers. Endomorphs will be driven by bones automated.
Keep simple this way.

DINAMIC CLUSTER or JOINT
Cluster with spring dynamics
A new null or a joint, named " CLUSTER" or something similar.
It will have the option to use a weightmap and will also receive spring dymamics.
This will be better to use lightwave soft fx.

LAYER ANIMATION
Allow to work with two or more different rigs and animate the character and mix in different layers

DYNAMICS

New bone dynamics ( non destructive and interactive )
Fastter and acurate CLOTH and SOFT Fx
Interactive Realtime Soft and Hard FX- like on the game engines

SURFACE COMBINATION
a way to blur between different surfaces, even if the labels and material are different, so we get a smooth transition between. Interactive using airbrush please.

REFERENCE
Hability to model a less resolution mesh on modeler and save it as "reference" So at layout we will have a button called (x) Reference Object that will automatic change the objects automatic inside the scene.

MORE TO COME ...

UnCommonGrafx
01-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Matt's design mock-ups to be our new interface.

That's all I want. (As well as all the things that would follow such a graceful interface.)

Mitja
01-24-2009, 08:06 AM
I want it to make me lose weight while modeling!

Matt
01-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Matt's design mock-ups to be our new interface.

That's all I want. (As well as all the things that would follow such a graceful interface.)

LOL! Would be news to me if it was! :D

silviotoledo
01-24-2009, 08:15 AM
An option on the interface to stop modeler working between custom hour like 17:00 to 18:00 with a large label flicking " STOP MODELING AND GO DOING EXERCISE " would be nice then. Specially for USA users that goes fat with big hot dogs :).

It's not only funny but necessary.

zapper1998
01-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Somebody forgot to put "EASY" on the red button...

cresshead
01-24-2009, 09:29 AM
matt's u.i with tear off panels just like maya has...
node EVERYTHING just like houdini
easy to learn just like lightwave
a node and layer based compositor just like discreet's combusion
click drag character rigs like character studio, puppet shop and softimage c.a.t. 3.0
a pusscat primative model to kick 3ds max's teapot into the waste bin
options of customising the u.i with colours and IF you like icons instead of text labels
newtek to bring back the lens cap filter but make it nodal...we miss it so much!
modeling in layout
instances and references
shift drag copy in the viewport with a popup dilogue box to ask for hw many copies and if they need to be copy/ref or instances...
FULL history either based around nodes or a 'stack'
undo's that work everywhere...
new interactive render view ala fprime
ghosting of meshes to see how your animation is looking [not just bone ghosts] with color coding for before and after the current frame.
displacement specific import dialogue for zbrush, mudbox, blender and 3dcoat models that auto setup the nodes and requester pop up for displacement, normal and bump maps that then auto apply themselves and create appropriate nodes for you...

also a cool button that demo's the new lightwave X with all the cools stuff in a 'demo' scene....

Verlon
01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
interactive renderer like FPrime

Matt's UI is still very cool :)

Consolidate tools, make the more advanced versions available in the numeric panel or something

Fully integrate acquired plugins to date

Pretty much need to integrate LW Cad

easy character rigs

Make CC sub-d work, with UV maps and everything.

integrate the two apps (yeah, I know some who oppose this, but it really does make it easier to edit a model if you find trouble in layout - AND you could get rid of the hub)

OpenGL improvements....faster, more lights

A really cheap upgrade path for me...maybe a discount based on how many consecutive versions you have owned....and credit for other Newtek products :)

jaxtone
01-24-2009, 10:13 AM
A fast tool to create realistic liquids, loads of liquids!

An easy to use character tool with strong flexibilty a dynamic interface that allows the user to choose between loads of great presets or his own settings!

Loads of pre-rigged characters with all phonems and morphs already done!

cresshead
01-24-2009, 10:20 AM
i'll lay my cards on the table..

i think the new app we'll see is a 'starting point' it won't be a full on app to see and play with in 12 or 30 days time...it WILL be a unified approach and it WILL have some modeling tools in it from day one of the beta..if they have a beta for uas to play with!

the final product ready for shipping with be around august 2009 ready for siggy 2009

what we see...either in videos, pictures or as i hope an open beta will ave many people quite happy

in a way newtek and lightwave development 'went dark' for around 3 years..in that THIS app we're about to see was under wraps while newtek created movable code modules from lightwave 9.0 ready to drop and be developed in parallel with this new app.

i'm REALLY hoping that the u.i. has a totally NEW look to it and could be why lightwave 8.0 to 9.6 had that 'retro' 90's boring look to it so that when this thing broke into daylight it LOOKED NEW and shiney!

looking at speed edit which is newtek's most recent app and specifically at the u.i. they created for it...we have some hope i thnk that thay can make a nice looking u.i. for the new version..
http://www.tdt3d.com/articles_data/media/bsm3d/speededit/screengrab2.jpg

Dexter2999
01-24-2009, 11:02 AM
All I expect is a unified product with a new interface.
Hopefully the ability to animate points in Layout.

It is the beginning of the 10.x cycle. I doubt we will have the earth shattering changes in the .0 release.

Matt
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
looking at speed edit which is newtek's most recent app and specifically at the u.i. they created for it...we have some hope i thnk that thay can make a nice looking u.i. for the new version

I'm not keen on the SpeedEdit UI look at all, TriCaster one is better.

Hopper
01-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I just hope I can justify the upgrade cost. Right now I'd say I'm probably using about $75-$150 of LW's capabilities, but dammit I don't think I could stand not having the latest and greatest "cool" stuff.

cresshead
01-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm not keen on the SpeedEdit UI look at all, TriCaster one is better.

yeah tricaster looks much better than speed edit and lightwave

i don't think the u.i will be gob smacking in looks but if it's customisable and has tear off\undock re dock panels then i'll be okay with that:thumbsup:

geothefaust
01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I'd truly like to see a huge overhaul to the animation systems, especially regarding character animation.

I'd like to see a history stack or nodal operations so you can go back and change them on the fly, and have these operations animateable (<<<New word!).

I'd like to be able to model in a camera viewport.

Tighter pass management, including shadows, occlusion, etc.. All sent out to a PSD as now.

A new PSD node, with inputs/outputs for each layer in the PSD.

Animation layers.

New constraint system. Constraining ANYTHING to splines/surfaces/objects on any axis/rotation/scale setup similar to where you would input "same as item", IK, etc..

Rotation order control.

Quaternion rotation option with an Euler display.

A single application, unified or rewritten!

That's all I can think of right now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you're right guys. Having the ability to dock/undock ANY panel of window in LW inside or outside of a viewport would kick freaking ***. For example, having a window for the spreadsheet or graph editor would be awesome.

Which leads me to... Better OGL support for textures, especially nodal, in viewports.

mojotribe
01-24-2009, 12:47 PM
("Ride of The Valkyries" played in background...)

Only a several little requests at this moment. ;)

- the feel of "Lightwave 3D", hard to describe this one;

- fully customizable UI and loading of modules/tools, build-in various presets and batches | - power scipting language; something at maya level;
- extremely opened and unified architecture, where the modules interacts with each other (e.g., selected tools from 3DCoat Paint/Sculpt module (139$ after rebate ;D) will be working in FiberFX, CA, modeling and so on);
- consolidation;
- linear (for easy of use, with modified history) and non-linear (node-based) workflow everywhere - from modeling to compositing;
- color management, linear workflow is a must;
- GPU/PhyshX use for physics and render;
- full hardware support for OpenGL, DirectX - for Windows users without expensive and overpriced Quadros/FireGLs on board - as fast as possible.
regards
peter

dmack
01-24-2009, 12:58 PM
I think there'll be a new plugin called 'Countdown Generator' ;)

Ernest
01-24-2009, 01:13 PM
It would be great if the new interface only had one huge red button and it rendered engineers with one click!

geothefaust
01-24-2009, 03:52 PM
More...

Correctly working CC SubDs, that function with EVERYTHING.

Joints finalized.

All of the new bone tools working with Zbones and joints.

Gizmo to be universal with translate/rotate/scale all in one so you don't have to dick with anything like now.

Weight painting tools improved to be standardized as with the rest of the 3D apps.

UV tools that don't suck. Something better then PLG native would be sweet.

hrgiger
01-24-2009, 05:21 PM
I expect to be out $400 in 11 days.

Pavlov
01-24-2009, 05:31 PM
I dont care about any specific feature right now, i just hope to see a demo of a brand new architecture performing even basic actions, but in a modern way.

Paolo

Celshader
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd like to see Python support in LW10, with access to every aspect of the software if possible. Python's the near-universal language of modern 3D software programs, and Python scripting has saved me many times since early 2006.

jasonwestmas
01-24-2009, 06:30 PM
- Better UI and faster ways to select and activate tool operations. Generally, that should be first imo.

- OGL performance is very, very mediocre, fix that.

- Much Better solutions for tails and spines.

- Much better bone weighting solution.

- More practical way to get bone axis correct, through scripting or something.

- Much better surface previewing. Something worley worthy.

- Animated GI that actually works with deformed meshes.

Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with 9.6.

IMI
01-24-2009, 07:57 PM
At least the option to return to the "old" OBJ import/export.
The OBJ format can (and often does) contain vertex and polygon grouping information, not to mention material groups.
As it is, LW (since version 9.5) will *now* load an OBJ file with none of that information. None. Just an object with "default" as the material, regardless of any material groups in the OBJ file, no smoothing, no point groups, no poly groups, and an overblown specular. Yeah, huge improvement there.

Yeah, if the OBJ file is accompanied by an MTL file, it will load the material groups with it, but *only* if there's an MTL file there.

And speaking of which, while I'm at it, even if any and all textures are present in the folder, LW asks for the location of *every* single image file. EVEN IF you point it to the folder, it continues to ask, EVEN AS it's opening the folder with the textures and saying it can't locate them!

OK, no big deal, right - I can use 9.3.1 for OBJ when I have to, but still.... I don't see at all how the new and improved OBJ format is any kind of improvement at all. For those of us who use OBJ alot for import and export, it's kind of a drag. Thank God modo knows how to do OBJ right...

Oh, and another thing - it somehow screws up vertex positions or something for OBJ. I can't import an OBJ file to use as a morph target for a figure without it going all kablooey on me. Doesn't happen with LW 9.3.1, but that's the last version it worked in.

Oh and, you can't export an OBJ file with only vertex points anymore. Nothing gets exported. You have to have polygons. Can still do it with 9.3.1 though. Even so, the polygon export in 9.5+ moves the OBJ ever so slightly, making it useless for exporting OBJ files that have to be exact.

Would be nice if LW 10 had an FPrime-esque preview render which works for *everything* and just as fast. Obviously it can be done - Worley has done it (aside from some of the nodes in LW), and Luxology did it bigtime. Surely Newtek can pull it off. VIPER sucks and needs to be laid to rest. It had its day in the sun, but the times they are a-changing.

And we need better OGL performance in LW. Even friggin' Poser is a whole helluva lot faster than LW in the OGL department, even with figures with 4K image files and transparencies all over them. Which I would personally view as a huge embarrassment... LW can barely handle one such figure, while Poser can handle 4 or more before it begins to bog down. An unlike Poser, LW becomes completely unusable at that point. Yeah, I see that as sad... very, very sad.

Aside from that, I'm pretty much with everyone else on the LW 10 suggestions, particularly the integrated single interface, but especially the CA tools. Been using the Maya 2009 Unlimited demo, and have begun to learn to rig in it. It's actually fun, unlike the aggravation in LW, and the whole "muscle" thing is amazing.

Would love to say I can't wait for LW 10, but I'm preparing to be spectacularly unimpressed, unless it is really something special. As it is, LW 9.6 is pretty damn good and could be used for many years, for what I do, and there won't be much reason to upgrade without a huge WOW! factor.

Matt
01-24-2009, 08:31 PM
i'd like to see python support in lw10, with access to every aspect of the software if possible. Python's the near-universal language of modern 3d software programs, and python scripting has saved me many times since early 2006.

Yes, it would be awesome if NewTek went that way

jaxtone
01-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Subpatched meshes that are connected to booleans that you can animate without any work arounds! No morph targets, twisting or tweaking or any other mumbo jumbo, just plain and fast animation when you need action with your "subtracted" or "added" mesh! To come alive in seconds not years! I believe that even 3D-studio had this feature 10 years ago!

And again... liquids, loads of liquids!

jaxtone
01-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Wouldnīt a "brand new architecture that performing even basic actions, but in a modern way" be a very nice feature?

:)

I dont care about any specific feature right now, i just hope to see a demo of a brand new architecture performing even basic actions, but in a modern way.

Paolo

silviotoledo
01-25-2009, 05:29 AM
I think these 10 days is the commemoraton of the finalized CODE REWRITEN wich will allow Modeler and Layout to work together and the anounce of start LW 10 beta phase.

I can't believe it's LW10 commercial available once artists like MIKE, JENNY ( cellshader :) ) and other artists from R&H and CAFE FX have not yet beta tested ( and tasted ) it.

So it's an open door for doing the elements mentioned here.

All these notes here are so important. So Newtek will direct efforts to match the user requirements and expectations I guess.

dballesg
01-25-2009, 07:27 AM
I can't believe it's LW10 commercial available once artists like MIKE, JENNY ( cellshader :) ) and other artists from R&H and CAFE FX have not yet beta tested ( and tasted ) it.

Whom has said they are not beta testing it from months now? As any other "beta" testing they will be subject to a NDA "non-disclosure agreement".

And if they told you anything about it they will need to kill you afterwards! :devil:

Anyhow I think you did a good try to see if NT put you through the internal beta program! :)

lardbros
01-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Subpatched meshes that are connected to booleans that you can animate without any work arounds! No morph targets, twisting or tweaking or any other mumbo jumbo, just plain and fast animation when you need action with your "subtracted" or "added" mesh! To come alive in seconds not years! I believe that even 3D-studio had this feature 10 years ago!

And again... liquids, loads of liquids!

How long has 3dstudio even had its NURMS (its equivalent to SubPatch)? I thought they only came in in around 2002. Im pretty sure you can't boolean them too. I mean you technically can, but its the same as booleaning and then subpatching isn't it? Please correct me if im wrong!

grimoirecg
01-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Haven't you guys got anything better to do. There must be a dozen threads around here wildly speculating on this and LWX in general.
It's not going to be that good, and you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment by building it up so much in your minds.
I can't believe a group of apparently professional artists can be so easily reduced to the state of 7 year old kids on Christmas eve.

bobakabob
01-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Haven't you guys got anything better to do. There must be a dozen threads around here wildly speculating on this and LWX in general.
It's not going to be that good, and you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment by building it up so much in your minds.
I can't believe a group of apparently professional artists can be so easily reduced to the state of 7 year old kids on Christmas eve.

For heaven's sake, grow down, man. As a "professional artist" you should be in touch with your inner child :D

Ernest
01-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Haven't you guys got anything better to do.No, not really. It's Sunday and it's freezing outside.
If I have really been reduced to the state of 7 year old kids on Christmas eve, I would actually consider it a great artistic acomplishment!

cresshead
01-25-2009, 08:59 AM
How long has 3dstudio even had its NURMS (its equivalent to SubPatch)? I thought they only came in in around 2002. Im pretty sure you can't boolean them too. I mean you technically can, but its the same as booleaning and then subpatching isn't it? Please correct me if im wrong!

the nurms maxscript modifier was around when max2.5 was out in 1998-1999 when i first got 3dsmax and was called p-nurbs the nurms
[non uniform mesh smooth] modifier was built into 3dsmax 3 which came out in aug/sept 1999

turbosmooth for 3dsmax came out at around 3dsmax 7 which was a cutdown but faster/updated additional modifier added alongside nurms

you can't boolean metanurbs either [newtek renamed them to subpatches]

Chris S. (Fez)
01-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Haven't you guys got anything better to do...

In that case, I consider the community's collective lapse in professionalism a free pass to say **** off.

grimoirecg
01-25-2009, 09:16 AM
For heaven's sake, grow down, man. As a "professional artist" you should be in touch with your inner child :D

As always, the people blowing the loudest fanfare now will be the same people who'll be complaining the loudest when it's not exactly what they have by then convinced themselves it will and should be.
You end up being disappointed by the lack of something that was only ever in your own head to start with.

IMI
01-25-2009, 09:19 AM
The "Radiosity Flags" options are cool. Very cool, really, but would be even better if the render engine calculated it concurrently but displayed it in a separate image viewer, while displaying the render itself in the regular image viewer. Would make comparison easier.

I hope that's professional enough. It's cold here, too, though, so I don't feel so bad if it's not. :D

EDIT:

Oh, I might add I'm not *expecting* to see this in LW 10. All I'm pretty much "expecting" at the moment is to see "NewTek LightWave 3D 10 (win64)" at the top left of the interface. ;)

Verlon
01-25-2009, 09:25 AM

I can't believe a supposedly creative professional artist is letting a depressed economy and absorption by all the other majors by autodesk reduce him to the resignation of a criminal being marched to the gallows.

We're creative. Some of us are optimists. And dreams are one of the few things that HAVEN'T gone up in price lately. Sheesh, if you weren't curious, you wouldn't be looking either.

If I put the tree up, think Santa will make a return trip and bring me LW10?

If not, my son has a loose tooth, think the tooth fairy will deliver?

silviotoledo
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
up topic :)

Matt
01-26-2009, 01:30 PM

I think everyone is well enough informed to expect that it won't be all of things people are mentioning here. I see nothing wrong with aiming for the sky and letting NewTek know what, in an ideal world, we would love to see.

millsron
01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Since I have been holding off on the purchase of HD instance and since instancing was promised in LW 9....Instancing should be the first issue to be addressed.

Ron

virtualcomposer
01-26-2009, 03:18 PM
you got to be excited about something or everything will get you down. Life's hard enough as it is so we might as well get excited about a software program that can help us creatively, pass the time, make money and have a passion about. I know I am. Some people like football, I like animation.

vector
01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm agree

Afterward 12 hours of a hard-working day I feel happy playing a bit with this "enigma" ... let me be a kid for a while :thumbsup:

Vector

silviotoledo
01-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Although HD instance is very good. Native instancing would be a request 'cause lightwave have limit in the memory/amount os polys that can be managed on viewport.

Sometimes, when doing a building, for example, we would need to clone ( instance ) windows intead of copy/paste new geometry or we will not have sufficient memory for rendering.

hrgiger
01-27-2009, 03:54 AM
I heard that the next version of LightWave is shipping with a less whiny user base. :D

People keep saying a merged modeler and layout, instancing, and a node based everything. Then you go and say something completely unrealistic.

hrgiger
01-27-2009, 03:56 AM
Oh, and I'll let you guys know what the big secret is later next week.

colkai
01-27-2009, 04:54 AM
People keep saying a merged modeler and layout, instancing, and a node based everything. Then you go and say something completely unrealistic.

CHOKE. :D:D
Ahh, if only eh? ;)

DiedonD
01-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Its a tease for a tease in the end.

Chuck
01-27-2009, 11:29 AM
At least the option to return to the "old" OBJ import/export.
The OBJ format can (and often does) contain vertex and polygon grouping information, not to mention material groups.
As it is, LW (since version 9.5) will *now* load an OBJ file with none of that information. None. Just an object with "default" as the material, regardless of any material groups in the OBJ file, no smoothing, no point groups, no poly groups, and an overblown specular. Yeah, huge improvement there.

Yeah, if the OBJ file is accompanied by an MTL file, it will load the material groups with it, but *only* if there's an MTL file there.

And speaking of which, while I'm at it, even if any and all textures are present in the folder, LW asks for the location of *every* single image file. EVEN IF you point it to the folder, it continues to ask, EVEN AS it's opening the folder with the textures and saying it can't locate them!

OK, no big deal, right - I can use 9.3.1 for OBJ when I have to, but still.... I don't see at all how the new and improved OBJ format is any kind of improvement at all. For those of us who use OBJ alot for import and export, it's kind of a drag. Thank God modo knows how to do OBJ right...

Oh, and another thing - it somehow screws up vertex positions or something for OBJ. I can't import an OBJ file to use as a morph target for a figure without it going all kablooey on me. Doesn't happen with LW 9.3.1, but that's the last version it worked in.

Oh and, you can't export an OBJ file with only vertex points anymore. Nothing gets exported. You have to have polygons. Can still do it with 9.3.1 though. Even so, the polygon export in 9.5+ moves the OBJ ever so slightly, making it useless for exporting OBJ files that have to be exact.

If you have submitted bug reports to our Fobgugz database with content to duplicate each of the issues you describe, please let me know the bug numbers so I can make sure those cases are being followed up. If you haven't submitted reports - please do.

Also - there is in fact an option to re-engage the older routines: that's the zbrush compatibility option.

silviotoledo
01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow! Mr. Chuck in person! Newtek really listen us :)

Need to share this tough I got:

The sign is coming to... gether

Together Modeler and Layout :)!

I guess it's the core unified and rewriten for LW 10!

This also explain

Centralized Object Referencing Engine

Centralized on the object means Layout and Modeler can manipulate it same way.

So, let's wait and see. He he!

jaxtone
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Well I am definitely not a 3D studio or 3D Max expert! So I canīt add anything useful about the terms and vocabulary in Autodeskīs software!

I might actally even have mistaken this action since it was about eight years ago a friend that used that software showed me how easy it was to animate Booleans interactive in the 3DStudio/3DMAX environment!

Letīs say I was wrong and that my memory played me a trick according tp the Nurbs/Nurms in 3DStudio/3DMAX and thatīs put up on my account of demense!

But still thereīs a great feature to use the Boolean Operations interactive in the animation process! When will Lightwave come up with such a useful feature?

jaxtone
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Whatīs the difference between matured kids and naive adults?

Not much!

Whatīs the difference between a period of slow depression and a superactive brain?

Medication with SSRI chemicals!

Whatīs the difference between deadly serious thoughts and jokes?

An universe of possibilities!

Thatīs life God damn it!

55 and still young at heart! :hey:

Haven't you guys got anything better to do. There must be a dozen threads around here wildly speculating on this and LWX in general. It's not going to be that good, and you're only setting yourselves up for disappointment by building it up so much in your minds. I can't believe a group of apparently professional artists can be so easily reduced to the state of 7 year old kids on Christmas eve.

IMI
01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
If you have submitted bug reports to our Fobgugz database with content to duplicate each of the issues you describe, please let me know the bug numbers so I can make sure those cases are being followed up. If you haven't submitted reports - please do.

Also - there is in fact an option to re-engage the older routines: that's the zbrush compatibility option.

I wasn't aware they *were* bugs, I thought it was intentional. The whole OBJ implementation changed drastically between 9.3.1 and 9.5, and it seemed to me that part of that change was to strip out all that extraneous information such as the non-UV vertex maps and material groups. In the absence of a MTL file, that is, for material groups.
Are you saying it's NOT supposed to do that? It would seem to me that the ZBrush compatibility option wouldn't have been created were there not a need for it, such as what I wrote above. As far as I can tell, the ZBrush compatibility mode works exactly as the "old" OBJ mode from LW 6.0 or 6.5 to LW 9.3.1.

In any event, thanks for the reply, and thanks for mentioning the ZBrush compatibility mode - that works perfectly, and I'm a happy camper again. I was misunderstanding the ZBrush compatibility mode I guess, thinking it would be resizing or rotating the OBJ files or flipping the UV maps on V, or something - not sure and I haven't had time to check it out with ZB yet.

I apologize if my original post came off as kind of angry and insulting. Well, I guess it did. :( ...I had just been in the midst of doing some OBJ stuff, not aware I did in fact have an option, and let the aggravation get to me. :thumbsdow

JMCarrigan
01-27-2009, 08:45 PM

Hard laughter, Thank you.:ohmy:

Celshader
01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
i heard that the next version of lightwave is shipping with a less whiny user base. :d

:ohmy:

WIN.

silviotoledo
01-29-2009, 05:22 AM
Modeler and Layout TOGETHER using the same C.O.R E.

jasonwestmas
01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
modeler and layout together using the same c.o.r e.

oh! I would have never guessed!:d

dballesg
01-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Silvio,

You just managed to left blind half of the users of the forums :cool:

So that means they wouldn't see the end of the counter :twak:

silviotoledo
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
I guess I should win a free copy of Lightwave 10.0 :). I discovered it!

silviotoledo
02-01-2009, 03:31 PM
up !

silviotoledo
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
One thing I would also desire is a BOOK INSIDE LIGHTWAVE CORE :)