PDA

View Full Version : subcategories in live set scene menu?

stoecklem
01-23-2009, 12:25 PM
We recently received the newtek liveset pack1 and all the scenes are placed under a "liveset pack 1" group in the menu drop down.

Is there anyway for us to make categories like this so we can better organize our livesets?

this would be extremely helpful since the list is already getting pretty long and hard to find sets on one long list. just nice to be able to organize.

if not this is definitely my number one feature request.

joseburgos
01-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Since I don't have the new pack 1 sets, I can't exactly know what you mean about group in the drop down menu.
A screen capture would help me, if you could please.

Now if you just want to "group" LiveSets you made or downloaded, then I can tell you how to arrange them on the drop down list.
Is this what you are saying when you say "group"?

Well if it is, then this is easy but I don't know if Newtek approves this so I take no responsibility to what it can do (although it works here) :devil:
Open your VSFX folder and decide on the first group you want listed after the Newtek ones.
Next open each of it's associated priority file with notepad.
Each one you made or download has a 1000 in its file.
Change it to 300 and then do the same for each one you want in this 300 section.
Now when you open the LiveSet list in TC/VT, you will see them listed right under the Newtek demo ones.
It should be right under utilities which has a 281 as its priority file data.

I suspect that if the LiveSet Pack 1 has a separate folder/listed/sub inside the LiveSet drop down, then the secret to this grouping is in its priority file data.
Study your VSFX folder and see what is different.

But if its just listed in a particular order, then this priority file data change will give you what you want.
Another thing, if you change the priority to 300, like in my example, then all the LiveSets will be listed after utilities LiveSet but in alphabetical order.
If you want them listed in a order that suits you best, then name them 300, 301, 302, etc.
300 will be first after utilities, then 301, 302, etc.

I am curious about this grouping you referred too so please write back.

Take care,

stoecklem
01-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Thank You. I know now I can at least reorder them.
after studying the liveset folder, there is an empty liveset pack folder. Then there is a liveset pack 1 priority file with 2000 as the number.

The priority files of the sets within the liveset pack are all 2100.
I am hopeful that I can create groups by creating empty folders like this, but will test at home with VT5.

I am hesitant to rearrange stuff on the Tricaster until I know if it will work.

joseburgos
01-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah there is more to that empty folder.
I think there might be something in the VSFX info folder because a simple empty folder with a priority file does not give me the same list structure you show in the image.

Look in the info folder and tell me what you see as I am curious.
Glad you can list now as I figured this out about 3 months ago when my list started to get extremely long :)

Take care,

stoecklem
01-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Just to be clear.

There is an empty liveset pack 1 folder in the VSFX folder.
The Liveset pack 1 priority file is not in this folder, but in the VSFX folder.
I will check the info file when I get a chance.

joseburgos
01-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes that is right.
I tested and it did not make the separator and tab I see in your image.
Suspect the info folder.
Tell me what it has and I will experiment :)

stoecklem
01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Okay, maybe its my ignorance, but I thought the info folder would be easy to find. but I don't have it in my liveset folder. Where is the info folder?

joseburgos
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
It's hidden and you need to change the folder option to un-hide all to view it.
Open the folder and then click on the tools menu.
folder options, view tab.
Enable show hidden files and folders.

Take care,

stoecklem
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
The info folder contains a png, a NEWTEKINFO file, and WindowsMediaDesc file for each set, including the live set pack sets.

There is not a live set pack 1 file of any kind.

stoecklem
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
the liveset pack 1 installed with an installer.
I guess only newtek can create those nice groups.

thanks for your help though.

jcupp
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone from NewTek want to weigh in on this subject? I'm going to be releasing some commercial sets and it would be nice to group them like this.

joseburgos
02-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Jeff have you studied the info folder to see if there is a something in there that allows this?
Being a dealer, I think you may understand what I wrote and dig deeper.

Also glad to here you are releasing a LiveSet pak :)
Can't wait to see them.

Much success,

jcupp
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't have a copy of the new sets at this point so all I know I read here :)

The first release is a collection of double box and picture in picture sets. I'll post details (and probably a few freebees) once I get them all worked out

joseburgos
02-21-2009, 06:04 PM
The first release is a collection of double box and picture in picture sets. I'll post details (and probably a few freebees) once I get them all worked out

Ah very cool.
I am also thinking of releasing some I have that are "Super LiveSets" with some advance double box sets.

Much success,

jcupp
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I figured this out.

Add an empty folder with the name of your subcategory with a leading '_' character (underline) and edit the matching priority file to place it on the list of sets where you want it to appear.

joseburgos
04-07-2009, 03:41 PM
You get big points for that find Jeff :)
Way to go, thanks.

stoecklem
04-10-2009, 10:35 AM
ooops.. My fault.. so simple. I must have skipped breakfast that day. I don't know how I missed that underline. This is very nice. Thank you!