PDA

View Full Version : Specify config directory

nickdigital
01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Is it possible to specify where the LWEXT9.CFG file is written to?

I know about adding the -c option in the shortcut path but that writes all the configs.

I tried going through the help file but all I saw was the -0 option to disable the hub.

Thx in advance.

Ernest

Lightwolf
01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes. -p is the option for that.

Unless it disappeared in 9.6 that is, I haven't tried it recently.

Cheers,
Mike

nickdigital
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Thx!

That works perfectly.

Is there a list of the flags and what they do somewhere?

E

zapper1998
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
-p
whats that do ???
first I heard of it...

Michael

nickdigital
01-23-2009, 12:37 PM
It specifies where to write the EXT cfg file. The config file that lists the plug-ins.

Lightwolf
01-23-2009, 02:22 PM
What I used it for is installing LW on a network drive with a central plugin config file, but user centric configs for both Layout and Modeler (using the %USERNAME% and %COMPUTERNAME% environment variables on Windows).

The nice thing is that it allows users to add plugins and even screamernet to use that plugin database - while permitting the users to customize their other prefs.

There is one more, -d, but that's only for debugging purposes and otherwise of little use, even for a third party plugin developer like me.

Cheers,
Mike

nickdigital
04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Is it possible for users to use the -p flag to define the plug-in file but not write to it each time they close Layout or Modeler?

I write my ext file to a network folder so our render farm is always in sync with my box. I'd like my animators to reference that same file but I don't want them to be able to write over it if they do something by accident...like turn "autoscan plug-ins" on.

Lightwolf
04-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Is it possible for users to use the -p flag to define the plug-in file but not write to it each time they close Layout or Modeler?
Yes, write protect it using the OS.

Cheers,
Mike

nickdigital
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Thx, I figured that was the other alternative. Just wasn't sure if LW was going to complain if it couldn't write to that file.

adk
04-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Jiminy Cricket ... learn something new every day :D Cheers Mike :thumbsup:

Lightwolf
04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Jiminy Cricket ... learn something new every day :D Cheers Mike :thumbsup:
Once it stops you better start digging a hole...

Cheers,
Mike

adk
04-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Once it stops you better start digging a hole...

Cheers,
Mike

LOL - and get that beige paper suit + mothballs ready :D:D:D