PDA

View Full Version : Problems with ButterflyNet Render and 9.6?

biliousfrog
01-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Is anyone successfully using BNR with 9.6?

It might be a coincidence but I can't connect between any of the clients and controller since installing 9.6.

Hieron
01-22-2009, 03:10 PM
hmm interested too, bought it 1 hour ago :|

I can tell you my experience tomorrow probably when I get to installing it on the farm..

biliousfrog
01-22-2009, 04:50 PM
it might be completely unrelated I just wondered what other's experiences are...I wouldn't want them to have an important job and suddenly discover that the farm doesn't work...not that I would do that, oh no!...gulp!

Lightwolf
01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I've been running it with 9.6.

Mind you, I just manually copy LW onto the server and run it from a central installation - that's not quite the default procedure for BNR.

Cheers,
Mike

Camlost
01-23-2009, 03:53 AM
Running fine here, still using the beta version of 9.6 though.

biliousfrog
01-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I've fixed the problem...here's what I think was happening...

When I installed 9.6 it installed to a folder called 'Lightwave 3D 9', My previous Lightwave install was in a folder called Lightwave 3D 9.5.

The controller was set to use the programs from the 9.5 folder but the configs had been updated to 9.6. When I re-configured the controller yesterday, in a moment of panic, I assumed that the LW9 folder was for LW9 and 9.6 had been installed over 9.5...you would have thought that it would be installed into a 9.6 folder really wouldn't you?...but anyway...

It might have been something else, I can't be sure as I re-installed the controller and started from scratch but in case someone else has a problem, that's what I think might have caused it.

Hieron
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
hehe, happy you solved it in the end. Stuff like that can make a man go crazy :)

As a general remark:
as I said, I bought BNR yesterday and set up the farm today. Must say that I am very happy with it and especially the automated LW/dir setup process. Ran 2 testscenes with animation GI cache etc on the farm and it worked without a hitch.

biliousfrog
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
hehe, happy you solved it in the end. Stuff like that can make a man go crazy :)

As a general remark:
as I said, I bought BNR yesterday and set up the farm today. Must say that I am very happy with it and especially the automated LW/dir setup process. Ran 2 testscenes with animation GI cache etc on the farm and it worked without a hitch.

Yeah, it's a dream to work with. I've heard so many horror stories with setting up screamernet that I'd rather just drop a days pay on BNR than possibly spend several days pulling my hair out.

Hieron
01-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Totally agree :) Definately worth it.

hiespike
01-26-2009, 03:50 PM
I wish my BNR was working. I'm running LW 9.3 and the controller seems to be working fine when I switch my computer to windows...but when I switch back to osx, my client just keeps saying this....any ideas??

try request server ports (reconnect to server)
Disconnected... (init request ports failed)
Disconnected... (Retry - 1 port(s) failed)
Retry Connection in 20 seconds...