PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 screenshots

Darth Mole
08-12-2003, 05:43 AM
http://www.mediastudio-graz.com/images/screenshots_to_post/

Thanks heavens those awful curvy buttons have gone - I think this new XSI-style dark grey look is pretty classy. Happy to lose the vague pastel colour-coding too - it never made sense on my interface as there were so many LScripts and plug-ins which didn't work according to the scheme.

There are some more pics at NT's site too, I think.

eblu
08-12-2003, 08:35 AM
looked at the interface....
looks like the best in interface design circa 1989.

the colors I can live with, but the thick black lines in high contrast with Everything, wrapping around Everything, is very distracting. it makes the interface looks twice as jumbled and creates a moiré pattern over the buttons.
in my humble opinion 8.0 as far as the button design, is a step backwards.

I have to give props tho, the text button layout seems to be a bit more coherent, bc they have enclosed the group titles in their own boxes. But obviously they didn't have to create a series of horizontal black lines

I can live with it, but the severe Beveling is certainly not a good design choice.

just a late comment:
it seems like 6-7 were designed with fine instruments, and then 8 was hammered together with a club. I'm hoping this is a rough version of the interface and they pull it together for the final, bc this looks amateurish... almost harkening back to vers 5.0.

Darth Mole
08-12-2003, 09:14 AM
Yeah, it's a good point - they could use a darker grey like they have with the tabs at the top. Much subtler... I guess there's still a ways to go before it's finished.