PDA

View Full Version : How about a 9.6 Gallery!

Matt
01-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Now that 9.6 is released, how about a gallery forum for it? ;)

Mitja
01-20-2009, 08:11 AM
You are damn right!

archijam
01-20-2009, 08:50 AM
... how about we just rename the 9.5 thread ...

Skonk
01-20-2009, 08:53 AM
How about we just have a Wip gallery and Finnished Work gallery, because it seems a bit pointless to have a gallery for every version of lw.

biliousfrog
01-20-2009, 09:46 AM
How about we just have a Wip gallery and Finnished Work gallery, because it seems a bit pointless to have a gallery for every version of lw.

:agree:

If there was a 9.6 gallery it would just contain hundreds of cars and metallic painted objects anyway :D

BigHache
01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
If there was a 9.6 gallery it would just contain hundreds of cars and metallic painted objects anyway :D

Good one! :thumbsup:

cresshead
01-20-2009, 10:37 AM
I can't wait for the lw10 beta gallery!

RollerJesus
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
If there was a 9.6 gallery it would just contain hundreds of cars and metallic painted objects anyway.
Metallic painted balls on furry grids is what is in for 9.6 I hear.

meatycheesyboy
01-20-2009, 10:53 AM

I almost agree... I think we should have a WIP Gallery that everyone can post pictures in like we already do and we should have a Showcase Gallery where NT selects the best work from the WIP Gallery and places it in there. The Showcase Gallery should allow for comments only, no pictures in the replies.

The reason I'm against the current Finished Gallery is because it's usually filled with tons of WIPs.

But I definitely agree that we shouldn't have three different galleries like we do now.

adamredwoods
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
FiberFX + GI working well in 9.6!

Silkrooster
01-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice Image. Yeah i am thinking the GI is much faster than 9.5, Not sure how much though.
Silk

Hopper
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
:agree:

Yes, but I STILL haven't seen a FFX car yet dammit... :D

jasonwestmas
01-20-2009, 06:15 PM

LOL, OR at least have a fur interior!

geothefaust
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I almost agree... I think we should have a WIP Gallery that everyone can post pictures in like we already do and we should have a Showcase Gallery where NT selects the best work from the WIP Gallery and places it in there. The Showcase Gallery should allow for comments only, no pictures in the replies.

The reason I'm against the current Finished Gallery is because it's usually filled with tons of WIPs.

But I definitely agree that we shouldn't have three different galleries like we do now.

Totally agree with you there. WIP and Showcase.

hrgiger
01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Why don't we have just a WIP and a finished gallery, and people can tell us what version of Lightwave they used to create it. And when are we going to get front pages?

Silkrooster
01-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Will this do. lol.

Hopper
01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Will this do. lol.
Outstanding detail! :D Hey, can I use that for my speed modeling challenge this week??!!?

Silkrooster
01-20-2009, 10:56 PM
I think the more I look at that box car the more I laugh.

Kuzey
01-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Maybe it should be just called the "LW beta" gallery and when the next version goes into production we can post images there :hey:

You don't want to keep changing it with every version.

Kuzey

DiedonD
01-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Why don't we have just a WIP and a finished gallery, and people can tell us what version of Lightwave they used to create it. And when are we going to get front pages?

That and more reaction/replies of anykind on them too would be great!

aaronv2
01-21-2009, 07:37 AM
I was looking through the page of updates saying to myself "oo hmm i wonder if william will make a tutorial out of that, or that, or that." Seems kinda cruel of Newtek to do this to him :jester:

biliousfrog
01-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I was looking through the page of updates saying to myself "oo hmm i wonder if william will make a tutorial out of that, or that, or that." Seems kinda cruel of Newtek to do this to him :jester:

He released a few tut's during the beta such as the new nodes

Matt
01-21-2009, 08:30 AM

That of course is a much better idea, I was assuming NT were going to stick with their current trend of having one for each version.

Mitja
01-21-2009, 08:37 AM
They just changed the galleries from 9.5 to 9.6.
Again two different galleries. Why?!

jasonwestmas
01-21-2009, 10:52 AM

NT doesn't want the purity of 9.6 to be confused by the more primitive forms of lightwave gallery submissions. . .lol.

Matt
01-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Maybe it helps them when choosing images they may want to use for promotional material? This way they don't have to open and read every entry to figure out which version it was done in?

I dunno, just guessing.

Stooch
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
why dont we just create a forum section for each user. just to round out the already extensive pallete. lord knows, you cant have enough sections...

Matt
01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
why dont we just create a forum section for each user. just to round out the already extensive pallete. lord knows, you cant have enough sections...

Top idea there Stooch ;)

Mitja
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
And what if somebody really evil would render something with lw 7.5c or fprime and put it into the 9.6 gallery?!
Having different galleries for each version is very annoying, but if masters want so...
I'm just an atom in an ectoplasmic sea without direction or a reason to exist... ;)

Wickster
01-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, they should just name it LW Gallery. To save the IT guys some time when LW10 comes out and they'd have to change it again.

We should form a Forum committee to create rules for posting and such. Like each post should indicate what version of LW was used. And same goes for the community project, it needs a committee too to govern the render resolution, frame rate and file type. lol.

jasonwestmas
01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
And what if somebody really evil would render something with lw 7.5c or fprime and put it into the 9.6 gallery?!

HAAH! I was thinking the very same thing.

Silkrooster
01-21-2009, 09:47 PM

Well, they kind of did. Go to your user control panel and you can add your images to your own personal album.
Silk

DiedonD
01-22-2009, 12:46 AM

That kind of antichristick anarchy WILL NOT be tolerated! And would cause such evil to be vanquished from these heavens for AAAALLLLL ETERNITY!!!!

biliousfrog
01-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Personally, I couldn't care less whether an image is done in 9.6 or 5.6. If it's a good image it's a good image...simple! If Newtek wants to use user created images for promo purposes it shouldn't matter what version is used, in fact, surely it would say more about the product if an image created in an old version is used to promote the new version?...kinda like, 'if you think this is good, imagine what's possible with the new version'.

jasonwestmas
01-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Personally, I couldn't care less whether an image is done in 9.6 or 5.6. If it's a good image it's a good image...simple! If Newtek wants to use user created images for promo purposes it shouldn't matter what version is used, in fact, surely it would say more about the product if an image created in an old version is used to promote the new version?...kinda like, 'if you think this is good, imagine what's possible with the new version'.

I want to see some images from LW 1 in there! ;)