PDA

View Full Version : Transfer custom configs to 9.6

Paul Brunson
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I spent a bunch of time with LW 9.5 creating custom configs in modeler. Now that 9.6 is out I'm not really excited about redoing it but I heard people talking about using configs from previous versions can cause trouble.

Any suggestions on copying over all my settings and menus into 9.6 and avoiding said trouble?

Hopper
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm going to take the time and re-do all of mine from scratch, but you should at least try to use your custom configs with 9.6 if you used them in 9.5. I simply copied all my configs for each Beta and never really had any issues. I am not using an excessive amount of plugins, so your mileage may vary.

pbelchamber
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I foolishly didn't back up my configs before installing 9.6 and expected the worst, but all my custom menus/plugins/settings have migrated with the new installation - it looks like 9.6 just adapts your existing configs. No problems for me so far.

StereoMike
01-20-2009, 02:02 AM
That was a headache for me too. Especially modeler with all these useful little plugins you've found on the net.
Nowadays I' have it working within a minute:
I put all my custom stuff on it's own branches (e.g. my_utils, misc, etc) and save them separately (right-click).
When a new beta arrives, I make sure it runs on it's default config, then I just import all those branches (2 usertabs, 2 for lwcad and one for vertivebel).
I quickly load my keyboard shortcuts on every lwbeta. I have yet to see the tools that should replace my own keybindings. For me, my custom shortcuts are more important than having a key to open fiber fx or something.

mike