stevecullum
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.truveo.com/BreakIt-124-plugin-for-LightWave/id/2007121982

zapper1998
01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
http://www.filestube.com/p/plugin+tc

Matt
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Usual suspects reveal nothing (Google, Flay, www.lwplugindb.com)

Never been released?

arsad
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
that's a plugin developed by papou, was working great when I tested it, but never reached release state. Maybe if enough people bug him... ;) he will work on it again.

Sensei
01-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Flay pops up with some information about it from May 2002. But details were removed later.

stevecullum
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
that's a plugin developed by papou, was working great when I tested it, but never reached release state. Maybe if enough people bug him... ;) he will work on it again.

We need this for 9.6 32/64 bit!

bug,bug...bug, bug :D

jin choung
01-20-2009, 01:30 AM
HOLY CRAP that looks awesome! RT visualization too! ack!

none of the really random looking crack tools worked for me anymore so when i had to do a destruction scene for the project i was working on, i had to use maya's.... i NEVER would have done that if even C4 still worked.

ack!

that bit of vaporware looks fing awesome.

jin

papou
01-20-2009, 03:18 AM
hello,
break·it was broken in lw9 cycle because of an unconsistancy of modeler to do booleans.
It was generate too much error.

But with lw9.5, it seem to be reworking again (in x64), i must recheck x32 to be sure
So i must look inside again...

Another problem, is that plugin have been optimized by a programmer, who is thinking he has create that plugins. This situation is totally unproductive.

btw, He is sharing video for show his skills only. It is not the final product.
And the videos are too crap to demontrate real power of this tools.
I wasn't agree to release any videos.

papou
01-20-2009, 03:24 AM
dbl post

Kuzey
01-20-2009, 06:44 AM
hello,
break·it was broken in lw9 cycle because of an unconsistancy of modeler to do booleans.
It was generate too much error.

But with lw9.5, it seem to be reworking again (in x64), i must recheck x32 to be sure
So i must look inside again...

Another problem, is that plugin have been optimized by a programmer, who is thinking he has create that plugins. This situation is totally unproductive.

btw, He is sharing video for show his skills only. It is not the final product.
And the videos are too crap to demontrate real power of this tools.
I wasn't agree to release any videos.

Thanks for the info Papou. :thumbsup:

I hope you get that programmer straightened out, it's not right taking credit for someone else's creation.....best of luck.

Kuzey

stevecullum
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
but with lw9.5, it seem to be reworking again (in x64)

Need a beta tester for 9.6? :)

Hopper
01-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Need a beta tester for 9.6? :)
Yes! What he said... Pretty damn nifty.

JeffrySG
01-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, it does look very cool. I hope all the issues with it get worked out. :)

Cageman
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
none of the really random looking crack tools worked for me anymore so when i had to do a destruction scene for the project i was working on, i had to use maya's.... i NEVER would have done that if even C4 still worked.

C4 Displacement works in LW9.6, so you can still make use of its internal Dynamics engine to blow things up. I'm using Modeler 8.5 for the splitting, and 9.x for the rest. With the realtime dynamics engine, it's really good for creating all kinds of hiteffects and debris in pretty much no-time.

stevecullum
01-21-2009, 10:00 AM
C4 Displacement works in LW9.6, so you can still make use of its internal Dynamics engine to blow things up. I'm using Modeler 8.5 for the splitting, and 9.x for the rest. With the realtime dynamics engine, it's really good for creating all kinds of hiteffects and debris in pretty much no-time.

Last time I tried C4, the debris used to land pretty unrealistically, on its smallest end and stuff like that - have there been some improvements lately?

Cageman
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Last time I tried C4, the debris used to land pretty unrealistically, on its smallest end and stuff like that - have there been some improvements lately?

Nopes... they still land like that.

Actually, pretty much everything we do regarding debris and explosions and stuff are done using particles in Maya (geometry attached to particles). They have the same problem as C4; things tend to land very random. However, add motionblur, some actiondriven camera movements and a couple of hand animated heropieces in the mix and you have an advanced looking effect, but under the surface things are really, really simple (and cheap to produce).

stevecullum
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Actually, pretty much everything we do regarding debris and explosions and stuff are done using particles in Maya (geometry attached to particles). They have the same problem as C4; things tend to land very random. However, add motionblur, some actiondriven camera movements and a couple of hand animated heropieces in the mix and you have an advanced looking effect, but under the surface things are really, really simple (and cheap to produce).

Well I guess under some circumstances you can fudge your way past its short comings, but I tend to get asked things like "Can you just move the camera down this way?" So it doesn't leave much room for flexibility if you have to pussie-foot around any 'problem' areas.

I hope Jay3D carries on developing his dynamics tool - that looked pretty cool too!

Cageman
01-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Well I guess under some circumstances you can fudge your way past its short comings, but I tend to get asked things like "Can you just move the camera down this way?" So it doesn't leave much room for flexibility if you have to pussie-foot around any 'problem' areas.

Well... I don't know what kind of work you do, but we do alot of 1989 "in the middle of the action" kind of movies. We try to cheat as much as possible. Always...

I hope Jay3D carries on developing his dynamics tool - that looked pretty cool too!

Yep... that is going to be a nice one (hopefully). :)

stevecullum
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Well... I don't know what kind of work you do, but we do alot of 1989 "in the middle of the action" kind of movies. We try to cheat as much as possible. Always...

I work on documentaries and independent films. The last time I had to do something with dynamics, it involved a series of columns collapsing as the hero characters ran through them. So I had to show stuff hitting the ground and bouncing about etc...

Cageman
01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
I work on documentaries and independent films. The last time I had to do something with dynamics, it involved a series of columns collapsing as the hero characters ran through them. So I had to show stuff hitting the ground and bouncing about etc...

Yeah... well.. as far as can tell, as long as the bouncing is going on with C4, the minor penetration that the debris does will not show. Once they get to rest, however, is where you want to be somewhere else with the camera. :D

Anyhow... two quick tests (QT, H.264). Same scene, two slightly different camera animations. The piece is splitted into 512 parts.

Test1 (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/C4_tests/Test1.mov)(1.52MB)
Test2 (ftp://LightWave:[email protected].org:21/C4_tests/Test2.mov) (1.73MB)

Now remember... that is calculated in realtime.

The only downside with C4 is that it doesn't have a noise function for randomizing the spread, or rather, the initial velocity. I don't count strange restposes as a downside, since I'm not really interrested in those when I use a tool like this. :)

Mayas HardBody dynamics isn't really cut to do things like this either, hence the reason we resort to using particles with geometry attached instead, which yeld similar results to this (but with alot more control in terms of noise and all kinds of other things).

stevecullum
01-21-2009, 02:49 PM
nice tests!

Yes, I can see how that technique could work for some stuff. I'll download it and have a play. Any idea if it works with LW64?

Cageman
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
nice tests!

Yes, I can see how that technique could work for some stuff. I'll download it and have a play. Any idea if it works with LW64?

btw... you CAN randomize the explosion by adding textures (there are T-buttons for Radius and Power, Explosion-tab of the plugin). Then press Update Fragment Motion (which takes about 2 seconds). Checkerboard procedural adds some interresting results. *lol*

Oh well.. :)

Oh..and no.. these are 32-bit plugins. And, bare in mind, if you want to use the modeler-tool, you have to use LW7.5 or LW8.x.

However...

You can bake the result to an MDD using MD_Scan and then apply the MDD in any version of LW, including 64-bit.

:)

lwanmtr
01-21-2009, 03:52 PM
That plugin would be great in 9.6...I've been learning to blow stuff up and that woulda saved me much time in breaking the stuff apart. I dont have C4.

jin choung
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM

didn't need to animate it in lw (was using hard body dynamics in maya)... but the c4 cracker for modeler stopped working on my work's 9.3 installation. so had to use the crack tool in maya... which ended up working really nicely.

but yeah, it seems there is no truly random crack app for modeler anymore. dodgy has a nice one that works but uses spherical slices.

jin

jin choung
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
That plugin would be great in 9.6...I've been learning to blow stuff up and that woulda saved me much time in breaking the stuff apart. I dont have C4.

well if it works, it's free for the taking. just look it up on flay. but can anyone confirm that the cracking modeler plugin works? as i said, it didn't for me on 9.3.

jin

Cageman
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
well if it works, it's free for the taking. just look it up on flay. but can anyone confirm that the cracking modeler plugin works? as i said, it didn't for me on 9.3.

jin

It doesn't work in 9.x as I've already stated. If you want to use the modeler plugin you have to use either LW7.5 or 8.x

lwanmtr
01-21-2009, 04:02 PM
I dont even think 8 will run on my intel mac..hehe

jin choung
01-21-2009, 04:07 PM
It doesn't work in 9.x as I've already stated. If you want to use the modeler plugin you have to use either LW7.5 or 8.x

oh sorry, i misread what you wrote then. i just saw the part about displacement working.

cool... i mean.. dang! : )

jin

Cageman
01-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Ok.. some more tests with C4 Detonate (in LW9.6 btw).

NoTexture (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/C4_tests/NoTexture.mov) 3.81MB
Crumple (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/C4_tests/Crumple.mov) 3.59MB
NoTexture and Crumple combined (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/C4_tests/Crumple_NoTexture_combined.mov) 3.83MB (I simply just saved both versions as MDDs and then combined them using DPKit and MDDPointer + an add node).

As you can see, C4 isn't 100% bugfree since some of the pieces disappears. The simply fall through the collision object. But.. what the heck.. generating these kind of things in realtime there have to be more bugs than that to keep me away... ;)

hrgiger
01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow, I could use that plug-in myself.

Cageman
01-22-2009, 02:06 AM
C4 Destruct (the modeler plugin) for LW9.3... (http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=82&p13_fileid=88)

Ztreem
01-23-2009, 03:24 PM
CrackIt still works in LW 9.x last time I checked, it's one of the nicer cracking tools for modeler imho.

Jim M
01-24-2009, 04:18 AM
C$ destruct has been working for 9.x for a while. Make sure you read the info, so you can avoid errors...

jaxtone
01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Are these appearances possible to animate as well?

Cageman
01-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Are these appearances possible to animate as well?

What do you mean?

jaxtone
01-24-2009, 01:42 PM
What I meant was that the first message in this thread contained a link:
http://www.truveo.com/BreakIt-124-pl.../id/2007121982

I wondered if it was possible to animate the things we see in this film!

What do you mean?

Ztreem
01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
If they made a plugin for Layout instead of modeler maybe it would be possible. As it is a modeler plugin shown in the video it's not likely that it's possible to animate the different stages.

jaxtone
01-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Ztreem!

Thanks for the wake up call! I have been a fan of two separate parts of Lightwave but I must be really stupid! I have always believed that the interface between them were more or less seamless! Always blamed my own lack of skills on the fact that stuff didnīt work as expected! And especially in this case!

But I actually never got an appropriate answer from anyone earlier, not from the LW tech support or any one else! But your explanation rocks! I am almost ashamed over my own stupidity not seeing this as the missing link! Thanks again Ztreem!

About ten years ago I noticed that 3D-studio had a great option to animate meshes with interactive booleans quite easy and without any typical Lightwave workarounds with morph targets or other time consuming tweaks. If I have been living my life up to date as a complete moron I must shape up and ask an intelligent question:

Why in Gods name cannot the boolean and other model tools that are deadly important in modeler be truly included in the interface between Layout and Modeler?

I have noticed that there are a "few" Modeler tools included in Layout such as "Metaballs"? I donīt wanna be rude but hello NT! Are you for real? Itīs 2009 and I have my doubts about if "Metaballs" really are the strongest feature NT/Lightwave will present to the world of 3D-modelers and animators!

If anyone wantīs to convince me with good arguments I am willing to listen, as long as it doesnīt include traditional workarounds dependant on the deficiencies in the Lightwace interface between itīs both parts!

If they made a plugin for Layout instead of modeler maybe it would be possible. As it is a modeler plugin shown in the video it's not likely that it's possible to animate the different stages.

Sensei
01-25-2009, 06:02 AM
NewTek wanted to integrate Layout and Modeler in v9.x cycle, and started doing so, that's why non-interactive tools are working. But found out problems with element selection system, which was harder hassle than they thought in beginning (that's not surprise, after all in Layout you pick up entire objects with mouse presses, where in Modeler you pick up points, edges and polygons).

Integration of them doesn't necessarily mean that animated modeling tools will be working just like that, as you dream about..

erikals
09-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Ok.. some more tests with C4 Detonate (in LW9.6 btw).

NoTexture (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]dns.org:21/C4_tests/NoTexture.mov) 3.81MB
Crumple (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/C4_tests/Crumple.mov) 3.59MB
NoTexture and Crumple combined (ftp://LightWave:[email protected]:21/C4_tests/Crumple_NoTexture_combined.mov) 3.83MB (I simply just saved both versions as MDDs and then combined them using DPKit and MDDPointer + an add node).

As you can see, C4 isn't 100% bugfree since some of the pieces disappears. The simply fall through the collision object. But.. what the heck.. generating these kind of things in realtime there have to be more bugs than that to keep me away... ;)

Cageman, do you still have these examples?
(links are broken)

erikals
10-05-2010, 03:16 AM
edit, wrong post.