PDA

View Full Version : How to create Deselect keyboard shortcut

simonlion
01-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Hello every one:

For example, Inside Photoshop when an item Is selected, you can click on Control D, and the Item is Deselected..

Inside Modeler If you want to Deselect an item you have to click on a blank area
How can I create a short cut like Control D, In photoshop, so It Deselects the Item if It is selected In Modeler...

Thanks
Simon

Dexter2999
01-19-2009, 02:05 AM
The keyboard shortcut to drop a tool is the backslash. "/"

meshpig
01-19-2009, 02:34 AM
... or you can stick it your left mouse menu Edit/edit menu layout or assign a new key Edit/ edit keyboard shortcuts.

safetyman
01-19-2009, 06:05 AM
The keyboard shortcut to drop a tool is the backslash. "/"
FYI thats actually a forward slash, heh heh.

Oedo 808
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Same as with clicking on a blank area, you can't deselect while you have a tool selected which I find a bit of a bummer, if you want to deselect while holding on to the tool you can switch layers to do it, so if you're in layer 1 just flick '2' then '1' on the keyboard and it'll do the just that.

I think I picked that tip up from Surrealist.

simonlion
01-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Thank you very much, I assigned Control D,, Under view Drop selection, which Is from key board short cuts
now I can just click on Control D, and it deselect's It all..
Once Again Thank You very Much For All Your Helps

Simon

Oedo 808
01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Same as with clicking on a blank area, you can't deselect while you have a tool selected which I find a bit of a bummer, if you want to deselect while holding on to the tool you can switch layers to do it, so if you're in layer 1 just flick '2' then '1' on the keyboard and it'll do the just that.

I think I picked that tip up from Surrealist.

Just thought I'd mention I came across 'Deselect All' under Utilities\Plugins\Additional.

It does what I was looking for which is great, because I was really getting peeved with selecting a tool I wanted to use to manipulate all geometry and not realizing I'd had some polies, points or edges still selected.

This cuts out the drop tool > deselect > reselect tool cycle that I seem to be prone to.

w00t! :thumbsup:

I'll pop back if I find anything about it that irks me.