PDA

View Full Version : Does 7.5c fix the bugs?

drclare
08-11-2003, 07:06 PM
I am running 7.5b on OS X.2.0 and i have run into the bug where some of the surface settings are only affected by a setting of 0% or 100%. I've noticed that when i set the transluceny to anything higher than 0% it looks the same as if it was set to 100%. I have also tried using gradients but they don't work right either. My quesiton is, does 7.5c fix this bug? Are there new bugs that i will have to deal with? With b i have only noticed the above mentioned bug, otherwise it runs fine, so i am scared to update and find that it runs worse. Also, should i update to OS X.2.6 or will this create problems? I think i have seen some posts about problems with X.2.6. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

mlinde
08-11-2003, 08:50 PM
If you need to solve the 7.5b bug, and you are worried about 7.5c you can use my workaround. You will need the original 7.5 CD.

1) Save your prefs, configurations, menus and keys
2) Delete 7.5b from your HD
3) Install 7.5 (the original).
4) Copy the Programs folder from the original 7.5 installation to another directory.
5) Install 7.5c
6) Move the Programs folder back into the lightwave directory. Make sure you overwrite the 7.5c applications.
7) Restore your configs, menus, keys, etc.
8) Enjoy the additional plug-ins introduced with 7.5c and don't worry about 10.2.6, ATI or the 0% - 100% bugs.