PDA

View Full Version : lightwave advice needed

gilbo
01-17-2009, 09:21 PM
hello
i have been thinking of getting lightwave so i can do some of my own short movies at home.
i've got a 20" intel imac, 1 gig ram with ATI Radeon HD2400 with bootcamp and xp sp2.
will lightwave run on it and would it be better to run it on osx 10.5 or xp?
and also would i need a net connection? because i was going to have the imac just as a work computer and avoid having the net on it.

thanks

markschum
01-17-2009, 09:53 PM
I run Lightwave on a win xp sp2 athlon processor with 512 mb of memory and a crappy onboard video. I dont know about running on Mac but you sound ok for win xp.

I suggest you download the trial version and give it a try.

lwanmtr
01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
You might want to upgrade the ram to at least 2gb. LW will run fine on either OS.

Speedmonk42
01-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but something you should know is that you can run it on both OS's with one seat...

cresshead
01-17-2009, 10:50 PM
yeah you get both numbers for your usb dongle , one for osx and one for windows all you need do is to boot into your prefered o/s and lightwave will boot straight up.

i've run lightwave on as little as 64mb ram so 1 gig should be fine for most scene, thought the larger the scene's get the more memory you'd like to have, 1 gig should be okay for upto around 1million polys mre than that and you'd really want to add more ram to help you along...upgrading ram in the imac is pretty painless so it's worth doing at some point.

gilbo
01-18-2009, 05:44 AM
thanks heaps