PDA

View Full Version : Excluding all objects from lights?

daforum
01-17-2009, 01:51 PM
:help:
Is there a way to exclude all objects from a light without having to tick all the objects in the list individually?

I would like to exclude the objects then tick the ones I just need to include.

Thanks.

Captain Obvious
01-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Here you go:

http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1506

arsad
01-17-2009, 03:27 PM
if i recall right, a right click on an object in the list and then "select all" should do it. then you just uncheck those you want affected.

evenflcw
01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Or get my MultiService script, enable IncludeLight and ExcludeLight commands, and you'll be able to switch this on and off for all selected objects. Ie, it will work as it should have from the start. No longer a choice of one or all.

EDIT: Obviously you would do this through the Object property panel instead, which contain the transposed version of the same property. Ie Exclude Light from Object rather than Exclude Object from Light.

Captain Obvious
01-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Or get my MultiService script, enable IncludeLight and ExcludeLight commands, and you'll be able to switch this on and off for all selected objects. Ie, it will work as it should have from the start. No longer a choice of one or all.
Ooohh, that's very useful! That's a definite download from me! Is it an LScript? Ie, does it run on 64-bit as well?

Tusen tack!

daforum
01-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all your help with this.

I have got the plugins and will try each to see which one I prefer, but for now I can use the apple option +click on excluded object to select /deselect /invert selection.

evenflcw
01-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Ooohh, that's very useful! That's a definite download from me! Is it an LScript? Ie, does it run on 64-bit as well?
Tusen tack!

Yes, it's an lscript, so I suppose it should work on 64-bit aswell. But I haven't tried it myself. Your welcome.