PDA

View Full Version : plug-in has no interface...?

Mr Rid
01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Why would surface shader plugins suddenly all lose their interfaces? Making new configs did not help. They all worked one minute, then not the next(?).

Sensei
01-16-2009, 11:13 PM
What does mean "making new configs"??
Did you try "Add Plug-Ins"??
Plug-ins are stored in LWEXT9.CFG config file, BTW..
Check out this file in text editor, maybe something trashed it, and it was saved with trash to disk..

Matt
01-16-2009, 11:43 PM
So they show up in the list, and you can add them? But double-clicking doesn't bring up their interface (or load it into the Surface Editor panel like some do)?

Maybe try re-installing the Programs directory, something might have become corrupted / accidentally deleted?

staplers
01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Finally, someone with the same problem or close to it.
My Scene Editor has disappeared. I've tried to add it in the edit plug in area.
Under Type, it had Scene Master(no UI, Gizmo)
Im using the classic editor for now but prefer the other one

staplers
01-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Finally figured my solution.
Had to reload the scene editor plug in, which I found in
Plug ins > Utility > Scene Editor.
don't know how it got displaced, but there I added the plug in and my scene editor returned.

Hope that helps

tischbein3
01-17-2009, 04:41 AM
Mr Rid and staplers.

- Open the Edit Plugin Panel, switch to file view and locate the plugin to check if it does feature an interface plugin.
- If it doesn't, remove and readd it.

But it might be really the best to trash the LWEXT9 file

Mr Rid
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM

But it might be really the best to trash the LWEXT9 file

I tried this before but it didnt work. It worked today.

Sensei, this is what I meant by 'making new configs.' It is difficult re-add plugins since some of them are named differently as a file than they are in the interface or are part of a group and I cant locate some of them. And scanning all the folders separated by version here is problematic.

Sensei
01-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Interfaces have suffix "Interface". f.e. MasterHandler -> MasterInterface..
You should be deleting config files after fresh restart of machine to make sure than hub won't interfere..