PDA

View Full Version : TMPGEnc Problem - PLEASE HELP ME

JerryPowell
01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know why....but out of the blue I cannot load a AVI wrapper file from VT5 into TMPGEnc. I have done hundrends of projects with NO problems until now.

Here is my problem: I exit VT5 and click on TMPGEnc to open the program. Instead of opening I get a "pop-up" screen that says NEWTEK VT IMPORT" on top - then "Please wait, conforming audio...this might take a few minutes". I have never seen this warning before and it prevents me from opening TMPGEnc.

can anyone please tell me whats going on??

Jerry

JerryPowell
01-17-2009, 01:26 PM

This is a screenshot of the message I get AFTER I exit VT and click on TMPGEnc. It locks me out of TMPGEnc (never opens) and I cannot encode my VT5 video files. I need help.

Jerry

Tony R
01-18-2009, 01:49 PM
I am no expert but I do what you do. It seems as though TMPGEnc is opening a project right from the getgo. Maybe you should uninstall, reboot and re-install it.

JerryPowell
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks Tony. Uninstall and reinstall was the first thing I did. I even uninstalled BOTH VT5 and TMPGEnc and I still get this "conforming Audio" message and the program just hangs up and never opens. I also restored my PC to an earlier date and still no luck.

I don't get it. I've been doing this for years and I have made no changes or installed new programs....and now I get this message.

I'm effective shut down from any work until I get this solved. If anyone has an idea I sure would appreciate it.

animlab
01-18-2009, 10:39 PM
When you open a VTEdit project file (AVI wrapper file), TMPGEnc will let winrtme to scan the project file (same as you open project file in SE-VT). It take same or more time as SE-VT open the project and if needed, it conform audio and othet thing needed before return to TMPGEnc.

The interested thing is TMPGEnc remember last project (or avi) file it opened. So when you launch TMPGEnc, it will open the last project file you used and that is why you saw the message box pop out and wait (and there are chances that you might delete some of the data files of that project already).

The solution is to delete the default config file of TMPGEnc before you launch it to avoid opening the last opened project file. I don't know whick version of TMPGEnc your are using but there should have a CurrentCfg.ini or CurrentCFG.txp4 (.txp3 ...etc.) in your system hard disk. Just delete it before launch TMNPGEnc.

JerryPowell
01-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Dear Chen:

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using TMNPGEnc Plus 2.5 version. I went into the "C" drive and into the subfolder for TMPGEnc. The only file I can find that closely matches your suggestion is "CurrentCfg.tpr"

Would that be the file I delete??

Thank you!

Jerry Powell

animlab
01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes. Delete it. TMPGEnc will recreate a new one after launched.

JerryPowell
01-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Chen,

Thank you, thank, you, thank you. Your suggestion appears to have worked!

Many, thanks!

Jerry Powell
Omaha, Nebraska USA