PDA

View Full Version : problem booting DFX+

soursardine
08-11-2003, 05:08 PM
I cant boot into dfx+ because It says I dont have a dongle...was I supposed to recieve one when I got lightwave and DFX bundle? well anyways I cant register it because where the serial is supposed to be it says no dongle found

mrunion
08-11-2003, 07:08 PM
If you actually have NO dongle, then it won't run until you get one. If you have the LW dongle and it just doesn't see it, then try what I did below...

My DFX+ freaked out about something and insisted a dongle was missing. It wouldn't listen to anything I told it. Basically I just uninstalled it from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, reinstalled it, got my .DAT file back off the Internet and things were fine.

I am assuming you have already registered it via www.eyeonline.com, right (assuming that you do have the dongle)?

Barred
08-12-2003, 03:21 AM
There is a small app on the eyeon website that reads your LW dongle and gives you your Dongle ID. Use that ID number when regerstring your DFX.

Well it worked for me.

ChrisS
08-12-2003, 07:09 AM
I'm still using the LightWave parallel dongle.
When I first installed DFX+, I too got the message that no dongle was found. I updated the Sentinel drivers with the ones on the LightWave CD and then all was well. If your Sentinel drivers are older, you could give it a try.

BTW, I believe DFX+ will run for a couple of weeks without registering. Until I got DFX+ to recognize the dongle, it wouldn't even start, nor could I get the dongle info required for registering.

Lalin
08-25-2003, 07:16 PM
Hello,

I am having the same problem. I have a parallel dongle.

LW7.5 runs smoothly without any problem.

But my DFX+ complaints about not finding the dongle, when I click "more" there is message stating that I am missing the file "dfusion.dat". (check attached jpeg image) :(

How do I specifically update the Sentinel drivers?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot for any help I can get,
Lalin

Barred
08-26-2003, 01:21 AM
You can get updated dongle drivers from here :-

http://www.rainbow.com/support/downloads.asp

I hope that helps. You will need your dongle ID number to activate your DFX and there is a small app on the eyeon site or look in the about for LW.
GL

Lalin
08-26-2003, 06:19 AM
WOW Barred!

This did it! Thanks a lot!

Lalin:D

Barred
08-26-2003, 06:26 AM
My pleasure Lalin, it had me scratching my head for a few hours too :)