PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity or not? Discuss.

doc_roswell
02-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Old model. New lighting rig. Radiosity or not? Who wants to guess?

-Matt

J.Barr
02-24-2003, 08:54 PM
well if you're asking if you have or not, obvoiusly you haven't used radiosity :-P
it looks good though, i wish i had the time to make me some warhammer stuff. i began making a tau crisis battle suit bfore, but i've never had the chance to find it (and i may have lost it too. bugger :-p)

tnyplz
02-24-2003, 09:45 PM
How come so many people on this forum play warhammer, yet no one I know who plays warhammer uses lightwave? Something to consider while my avatar kicks you dreadnought's aluminum can(***).
Just kidding
tony

J.Barr
02-24-2003, 09:52 PM
:-)

OT: I bought the GW Lord of the Rings Treebeard the Mighty ent Mini, looks bloody fantastic!

on topic: i just realised that my profile picture was a test render of the tau crisis suit in anime cel shaded stylee!

doc_roswell
02-26-2003, 09:03 PM
No radiosity. All conventional lighting, done with Eki's Overcaster (which is a great tool and totally worth it, plug, plug).

Never liked the Tau stuff much, Jayden. Didn't you do a genestealer some time ago?

Hey Tony, i made one of those. Check it out. Here's the helm/head. I did model the entire figure, but it didn't turn out that well. Not that it was terrible, but i coulda probably done better.

I actually don't play Warhammer 40K, but i think that the world and background is great stuff. Wish they'd make a proper movie out of it sometime, but i think they'd have to sacrifice an awful lot of what makes it cool in order to do so.

-Matt

Max Wolf
02-27-2003, 01:38 PM
i got a hole box of tou some where i might make on....

Intuition
02-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Man I spent waaay too much $$$ on Warhammer 40K back when it was 2nd edition.

I had like every army except imperial guard.

orks
tyranids
space marines
eldar
chaos
necrons.

I had like 3000 points in each army.

After not playing with them for about a year I sold em on ebay for $500 bucks.

The Whole set. Buyer was pretty happy :)

J.Barr
02-27-2003, 05:41 PM
hey Matt i remember u now :-) yeah i did a genestealer, i think that was waaaaaay back in the dark ages when i was using 5.6 on an imac :-P

yeah i still collect the odd miniatures here and there, i bought probably about 2000 points worth of tau and kroot, but i dont play, i just enjoy painting. having said that, they've been sitting unassembled in the cupboard for about a year, and when i went to look the other day 90% of my paints had dried up :-(

J.Barr
02-27-2003, 05:46 PM
heres another stealer head i began working on years ago and forgot about :-P

J.Barr
02-27-2003, 05:50 PM
oops here it is