View Full Version : Greetings from your New Government... Here's Your CHANGE

sbrandt
01-15-2009, 11:16 AM
...Put down your books
and pick up a gun,
'cause you gonna' have
a whole lotta' fun...

http://www.konzeptwerks.com/cjatf.jpg
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/rangel-to-reintroduce-military-draft-measure-2009-01-14.html

biliousfrog
01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Does a group of pissed off youngsters make a good army?

sbrandt
01-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Put it this way...
...draftees invented the word 'fragging'.

Simply stated, it's a way to convince noncoms and officers to use sound judgement, make healthy decisions and not be wasteful of anything... ...or anybody.

JeffrySG
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
^your post is white text on a white background for those still using the default skin, just fyi...

DiedonD
01-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Put it this way...
...draftees invented the word 'fragging'.

Simply stated, it's a way to convince noncoms and officers to use sound judgement, make healthy decisions and not be wasteful of anything... ...or anybody.

How can reinstallment of drats effect officerrs to make sound judgement and not be wasteful of anyone?

Wont drafts come to anyone? Even the ones unfitest to war?

If a draft comes, arent you just set to training and to war thereafter?

If the unfitest enter the war already, how is that to effect officers to use sound judgement and not be wasteful of anyone?

What does the one has to do with the other?

Im just puzzled...

biliousfrog
01-16-2009, 03:31 AM
I had a conversation with a guy in Poland when we were about 17. He was due to be drafted into the army within a few months and so were many of his friends. He said that some of them wanted to join, get a job, get training, see the world etc. but most would do anything to get out of it. Some were even making themselves ill so that they would fail the medical.

I've never understood how drafting can be a good thing. On the one hand it shows that there aren't enough people in the military already which would raise questions in most people, such as why they're leaving or how their numbers are decreasing. On the other hand, you've got a large part of the nations defence under the responsibility of people that would rather be somewhere else.

I can see a positive side of getting people into a job that would otherwise not have one but surely that option is already there anyway...you're just forcing them into a situation that they don't want...which goes back to my first point.