PDA

View Full Version : Nvida Geo2 zbuffer

EdMartin
08-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Trying to install and run a game for my daughter. Windows XP, Pentium 4, 512 RAM, 1.8 Ghz, Dell 8200 system.

Game installs, hangs after opening into credits then goes directly to closing credits and video. Soemtimes I get a message stating that "device does not support request zbuffer format". I have went to advanced setting under Display for my graphics card but the "additional properties" field is not available to select for information about zbuffer. I believe that is where the zbuffer info would be found.

The game is called "Let's ride The Rosemond Hill Collection" by Valusoft. Their website is of no help at all. The copyright on the game is 2002.

Can anyone give me some ideas on what to try to fix this problem. Installed Nvidia Detonator drivers and that doesn't help.

I have used DirectX troublehsooter to set the sound acceleration to "None". I tried the video graphics card troubleshooter and set that acceleration to none and neither of those changes helped.

Is there a zbuffer program I could add to the graphics card because the properties of the card that are available do not mention zbuffer?