PDA

View Full Version : Which software good for Boolean operations???

Revanto
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any 3d program (possibly freeware) that is good at doing boolean operations, specifically uniting multiple meshes.

Lightwave is OK but I'm looking for a program with can automatically unite mulitple high density meshes. It's important that it is automatic because I may have fifty of so intersecting meshes and it is really tedious to have to do everything one at a time IE I don't have to select mesh A then B to unite.

If anyone know of the best program for this, please let me know.

Cheers,
Revanto :p

cresshead
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
3ds max>> use pro boolean under the compound tab...get the demo...import your obj models then export as obj from max

Revanto
01-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Cresshead,

I saw your youtube vid on Pro Boolean. Seems to work fine on simple shapes but how can it handle complex, high polygon meshes? I have a mesh (made up of a number of hi res meshes) that has a total of 200,000 polygons. Would Pro Boolean be able to handle that?
Also, I don't think it worth downloading the demo for just that. I would only be limited to 30 days (I may have some uniting to do in the future, too) plus the 900+ meg download is just too much for me.

I appreciate the tip, though.

Cheers,
Revanto :p